HOMM4 scrolls?

I don't understand spell scrolls in HOMM4, and I can't find anything about
them in the manual or the guide.

Right-clicking on the scroll says to put the scroll in the left hand to
learn the spell. How long does it take to learn the spell? If the scroll
is removed from the hand, does the hero forget the spell? What is the
difference between open and closed scrolls?

Henri

Henri Arsenault skrev:

>I don't understand spell scrolls in HOMM4, and I can't find anything about
>them in the manual or the guide.
>
>Right-clicking on the scroll says to put the scroll in the left hand to
>learn the spell. How long does it take to learn the spell?

If the hero has the relevant magic skill to learn the spell, the
learning happens instantly and the scroll disappears. If the hero does
not have the relevant magic skill, nothing happens and the scroll is
just shown as equipped.

>If the scroll
>is removed from the hand, does the hero forget the spell? What is the
>difference between open and closed scrolls?

One version (open, I think) allows the hero to learn instantly. The
other version (closed, I think) will not really teach the spell to the
hero, but only make the spell available for as long as the spell is
equipped.

--
Riktig sitering gjør meldingene dine lettere å lese:
< url: http://home.online.no/~vidaandr/news/OBSquoting.html >