[SOLVED] How can I build with out a compatible cpu

jayjay59x

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018
Hello I am building a new PC and the CPU i'm building with isn't compatible with the motherboard I am using. So I was wondering if i can build my PC normally without the CPU and take it to my local Fry's store to update the motherboard bios there and then put in the CPU I want to use.

CPU: Intel i5 9400f
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX H370-F

Solution
I would call Fry's and see if the service department can flash the BIOS for you. they may have a CPU for just that purpose. take the board in let them do the flash and take board home for building. its safer/easier/lighter to move a motherboard in its packaging than it is in an assembled system. they should only need the motherboard and a stick of RAM from you to complete the flashing. once the proper BIOS (revision 1101) is installed you can build away and enjoy your system.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I would call Fry's and see if the service department can flash the BIOS for you. they may have a CPU for just that purpose. take the board in let them do the flash and take board home for building. its safer/easier/lighter to move a motherboard in its packaging than it is in an assembled system. they should only need the motherboard and a stick of RAM from you to complete the flashing. once the proper BIOS (revision 1101) is installed you can build away and enjoy your system.

Reactions: jayjay59x
Solution