Question How can I cool overall case heat emitting outside?

orenl2007

Honorable
Nov 15, 2017
Hey everyone, I have recently bought new setup which includes Lian Li O11 airflow, 4070 super and i5 13th.

The setup includes few simple air fans and CPU has also air fan.

Overall, the system running good and cooling properly the components. However my case emits a lot of heat upwards, and when gaming the heat becomes noticeable to a level I need to turn on my AC to keep my desk area comfortable. My pc is positioned under the table, and I'd rather to keep it there from both visual and space reasons. I don't care about the whole led jazz and whistles, and I just want my computer run both cool inside and outside. I presume water cooling would do the trick, but I’d like to hear what more options I have before, because I don't feel like replacing my GPU fan (bit scary compared to CPU).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I have recently bought new setup which includes Lian Li O11 airflow, 4070 super and i5 13th.

Overall, the system running good and cooling properly the components. However my case emits a lot of heat upwards, and when gaming the heat becomes noticeable to a level I need to turn on my AC to keep my desk area comfortable. My pc is positioned under the table, and I'd rather to keep it there from both visual and space reasons. I don't care about the whole led jazz and whistles, and I just want my computer run both cool inside and outside. I presume water cooling would do the trick, but I’d like to hear what more options I have before, because I don't feel like replacing my GPU fan (bit scary compared to CPU).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Watts is heat. Your PC makes the same amount of heat that is being dissipated into the room no matter the cooler. In fact, a better cooling solution may actually remove more heat from the PC and make the room temp hotter.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
In my own case I have a lot of issue with heat in the 'office' when gaming, or when several people are there working. I ended up getting an adjustable height fan and pointed it directly out the office door. There are plusses and minus'. The thermostat for the AC is right there. It turns on in response to the hot air and keeps the office much cooler. The other side of that is that our bedroom stays cold enough to hang meat in when using said fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: stonecarver

js2

Jul 16, 2024

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Lian Li isn't that good, its mostly bells and lights.
But going liquid cooling isnt much better than air; unless OCing.

Replace the case fans with better and check fancontrol.
If you are getting temps from your PC that can warm your room, something is seriously wrong.
I have worked in sealed basements with wall to wall mining rigs, and it's not warm enough to require AC.

Lian Li isn't that good, its mostly bells and lights.
But going liquid cooling isnt much better than air; unless OCing.

Replace the case fans with better and check fancontrol.
If you are getting temps from your PC that can warm your room, something is seriously wrong.
I have worked in sealed basements with wall to wall mining rigs, and it's not warm enough to require AC.
You must have some sort of magic room that defys the laws of thermodynamics. Amazing!

You WILL increase ambient temp in a room if you dump heat into it. That is unless you can remove the heat.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
As stated by the others, if your PC is removing heat from your components, it will be expelled into your room. Otherwise your PC would seriously overheat. My room that I game in is always about 1 to 2 degrees hotter than the rest of the house and that is WITH the AC on. Think of a gaming PC as a space heater. Not pleasant, but it's how they work.

Reactions: punkncat

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
"Space heater" is a good analogy. If your system is using about 400W power, then the PSU actually is consuming more than that (there is some wasted energy), maybe 500W. ALL of that energy is being converted to HEAT - mostly within the computer case, but some in other spots. Now a common lots-of-heating-power space heater can put up to 1500 W heating rate into a room. Running such a unit a LOW heat setting will provide less than 1000W, maybe as little as 500W. But if you have that running all the time while working in that room, you would NOTICE it getting kinda warm! And as others said, how much heat gets pumped into your room is NOT affected by what CPU cooling technology you use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Move the pc out from under the table.....test

Reactions: geofelt

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
About the only other way to fix this - since you're already using air conditioning - is to:
-Install PC in adjacent room.
-Drill a hole into the wall separating your room and the room with the PC.
-Connect cables to the PC through the hole in the wall.
-???
-Profit.

You could also lower the max power limit on the gpu(usually the most power hungry device), it helps a little bit. The 4070 Super doesn't look to be that bad with power, going by some of the registered vbioses on TPU's site: LINK
Around 240w max board power, but there are exceptions, like that Gigabyte Aorus Master at 350w... geez, that's ~46% more power available to use...

Move the pc out from under the table.....test
If the PC's still in the room, then it's still set to release its waste heat there...