[SOLVED] How can I create a bootable image of a compact flash card and have that image on the hard disk of a processor?

Jul 10, 2019
I have a compact flash card which stores my Dos program. I have a processor with a storage disk on it. I want to boot the Dos program from the storage disk that I have on the processor. How can I create an image of the compact flash card and have it on this disk? Is there any commercial tool to do so? Any kind of help will be appreciated. My terminology could be weak so I have attached an image. The disk on the board is near my thumb and is labelled with ISATA-32G-H-M-X.

r1nej9.jpg

Solution
Is the connector above the disk on the pic a floppy connector?
Booting from a floppy would be the easiest, if the disk is visible in dos you can just fdisk it format it as a system disk (format /s ) and then just copy the files from the sd card (that you have on a ide to sd card right? )
wait if you can connect the sd you can just boot from that if the sd is bootable.
The commercial tool may be Rufus whoch creates bootable drives but I can't remember seeing DOS in the list. It must be there because it can do Windows and Linux so search for it download it and see what the options are.

If any other data are stored anywhere else in the target, I suggest removing it or backing it up before doing anything else.

Jul 10, 2019
I also want to know how to transfer this image to this disk. How can I copy the image to disk? Is there a usb to disk converter on any other tool of such kind?

Is the connector above the disk on the pic a floppy connector?
Booting from a floppy would be the easiest, if the disk is visible in dos you can just fdisk it format it as a system disk (format /s ) and then just copy the files from the sd card (that you have on a ide to sd card right? )
wait if you can connect the sd you can just boot from that if the sd is bootable.

Solution