Question How can i deal with this Windows thing (bug)?

Ordan

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
so on my thinkpad e580 i have trouble where Windows doesnt let games and heavy apps overall use much cpu so it ends up with when performance is needed it will not give but on idling it will go nornally and i know its windows thing becuase this does not happen on linux and sadly i havent got all stuff over here running so i gotta use windows. And with the solutions i tried lot of things, playing with bios, downgrading it to lower version, clean windows install, lot of programs or settings, none of this has any effect, yes i tried throttle stop too but its useless and not doing anything. btw my cpu is i5 8250U

Ordan

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Full specs of your laptop? Does it have discrete gpu?

If there's no discrete gpu and you're running in Intel integrated graphics, then you can forget about gaming on this laptop.
I apologize for not mentioning it all so here are the all specs
CPU I5 8250U
dedicated GPU RX550
16gigs of ram
256gb ssd+1tb hdd
i hope i havent forgotten anything, i really hope its something silly because if there is some dissaster bug in windows that could do this and there wasnt fix that would be quite sad
EDIT: i already checked and laptop is not overheating under the max pressure, i did same stress test, even heavier on linux and it was working just fine, its just on windows i have those issues

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observer the laptop's performance. First while not gaming and then, second while gaming.

Open one tool or the other - not both. Allow the system to stabilize: i.e., not running AV scans, doing backups, or updates etc.

Explore the tool. Gain an understanding of how to navigate within the presented windows and alter the information being viewed.

Take a look at what is being launched at startup. There may be, for example, some old buggy app still trying to "phone home" and gobbling up CPU..... Or an old backup app trying to find a long gone share. Concept being that if there are apps running that you do not need or want then remove from startup. Be absolutely sure about what you remove. Research first so you do not remove some vital app, process, or service.,

Then slide the window to one side or the other but leave it open. Then game as usual. You are not playing to win per se. You are playing/testing to determine if and where there is some bottleneck on the laptop.

Do remember, as always, to ensure that all important data is backed up at least twice and that those copies are verified to be recoverable.,

Ordan

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observer the laptop's performance. First while not gaming and then, second while gaming.

Open one tool or the other - not both. Allow the system to stabilize: i.e., not running AV scans, doing backups, or updates etc.

Explore the tool. Gain an understanding of how to navigate within the presented windows and alter the information being viewed.

Take a look at what is being launched at startup. There may be, for example, some old buggy app still trying to "phone home" and gobbling up CPU..... Or an old backup app trying to find a long gone share. Concept being that if there are apps running that you do not need or want then remove from startup. Be absolutely sure about what you remove. Research first so you do not remove some vital app, process, or service.,

Then slide the window to one side or the other but leave it open. Then game as usual. You are not playing to win per se. You are playing/testing to determine if and where there is some bottleneck on the laptop.

Do remember, as always, to ensure that all important data is backed up at least twice and that those copies are verified to be recoverable.,
well i was checking time before and i am absolutely sure i got all right, the thing is when i need performance windows throttles CPU frequency down instead of up, important i know but i forgot to mention it and i searched for long and long and i could not find anything about it
EDIT: when i was messing around with throttlestop, the issue sometimes dissapear but for like 30 seconds and i get stellar performance and then it goes back for no reason

Ralston18

Titan
Try reinstalling throttlestop - could be the current installation is buggy or corrupted.

Configure the system as necessary to first ensure stable performance. Then, only then, start making incremental changes working with only one setting at a time. Be sure to remain within the component specifications.

Keep notes about what settings you change and by how much. There may be some threshold values that once exceeded performance becomes unstable.

Ordan

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Try reinstalling throttlestop - could be the current installation is buggy or corrupted.

Configure the system as necessary to first ensure stable performance. Then, only then, start making incremental changes working with only one setting at a time. Be sure to remain within the component specifications.

Keep notes about what settings you change and by how much. There may be some threshold values that once exceeded performance becomes unstable.
you dont install throttle stop and i really tried everything i could try but it just never changes or change is really minor, it will always bash CPU down
EDIT at best throttle stop works for couple of seconds and then it goes back again