[SOLVED] How can I keep myself safe while dual-booting?

GameCrucnh

Commendable
Sep 24, 2020
So I want to dual boot, basically I want a 1TB hard-drive completely separated from the rest of my computer that I can run risky files on (I already own a extra hard-drive)

Essentially I'm planning to disable all my current drives in the bios (if possible, if not I can easily unplug due to case) then run using the secondary hard-drive for these files then replug/re-enable.

I assume this should completely stop the other drives from being able to read/write or even see each-other since they will not be plugged into the motherboard/would be disabled.

I don't know any possible way this could back-fire and a potential virus could go from the "test drive" to the rest of my system.

I get what I'm talking about could be done with a VM but as i'm aware some programs can detect a virtual-machine and refuse to run, I also dont want to go through the hassle of setting it up and I only have one graphics card and monitor so it would be a lot of work/a big hassle.

Extra info: I'd be using Windows 10 on both

GameCrucnh

Commendable
Sep 24, 2020
I would say that is more hassle than a $25 switch.
And requires a specific motherboard.

And if I may ask...what are these "risky files"?
Just anything thats not super well-known I guess, like mainly if I wanted to mod a game but im not 100% trust-worthy of the mod. I'm not going to log in with my steam account since that would be a security risk but for Minecraft since a lot of mods can be pretty sketch