How can I know if the laptop I am buying has the 28W full powered i7-1165g7 CPU?

Jan 24, 2021
Hi. The laptop I was looking at is this: HP 15s-fq2001nia
I don't know if this laptop have the 28W cpu or 15W underpowered cpu. I rly don't want a 15W i7-1165g7.
If u know any website that gives all the details about a laptop pls do share :)

Jan 24, 2021
What exactly are you asking? Your title asks one question but your comment says something else. Anywho, you want all the details about that model laptop? Here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c07049185

As for how to tell if your laptop has the specs it's advertised as, you can check that in task manager > performance tab > CPU section.
Or by opening up the windows app, "device manager"
I want to buy laptop with i7 1165g7 but with 28W and not with 15W processor. How can i know this before buying the laptop?

GreyCatz

Distinguished
The HP under consideration comes with the i7-1165G7 CPU which features a configurable TDP range of 12W to 28W. In theory, therefore, this CPU is available in 16 different versions.

Normally, the computer manufacturer sets the default TDP point, and consumers are not supposed to change this value. In enterprise CPUs the value can be changed by IT staff either via the BIOS or by using specialized software. Some consumer-grade CPUs may be changed by consumers, but only if the computer manufacturer has made that option available. HP typically do not allow consumers to change TDP values.

Moreover, it is practically impossible to ascertain the "manufacturer TDP value" for your particular PC prior to purchase. Once you've bought the PC, you can use HWInfo and similar hardware apps to view TDP details.

Here is an article from November 2020 comparing 2 ASUS PCs - both with the i7-1165G7 CPU, one with 15W TDP and the other with 28W TDP:

And here's a different HP laptop that comes with the 28W TDP CPU you want:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-15s-fq2042ns.546465.0.html

This is as close as I could get to an answer to your question.