Question How can I know if the UPS I have is enough for my PC?

Aug 10, 2019
I'm worried that any electrical peak can burn some of my PC's components, so I want to use a UPS, but how can I know if the one I have is enough to provide enough power for my PC?

The UPS I have right now is the APC Back-up 300, it's kinda old but it works, at least to protect the PC from high voltages. This is the link to their website: https://www.apc.com/shop/my/en/products/APC-BACK-UPS-300VA-230V-UPS/P-BK300MI?isCurrentSite=true
I read that it's output is 180W. I guess that means that if my PC is consuming more than 180W, which it is, the UPS isn't going to provide enough wattage for the PC to run?
I'm asking all of this just to be sure not to buy another one if the one I have is enough for the job.

These are my PC's specs, at least the relevant ones for my question:
CPU: i7 6700k (overclocked to 4.4 gHz)
CPU cooler: Corsair h100i GTX
Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 FE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x8gb) at 2933 mHz
PSU: Thermaltake DPS G 1050W

Thank you everyone for reading my post and helping.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019
Good grief! You're going to need more than a 1KVA UPS for that system especially since you've got a 1050W PSU. In retrospect, you could've build that system with a 650W~750W PSU.
Yeah I was afraid something like that could happen. So in conclusion, the UPS's wattage output needs to be the same, or more, than the PSU's one?

Also, I know I could've built the system with a much lower wattage PSU, but I wanted to have enough power for whenever I wanted to upgrade something and/or plug any other thing, independent or not from the PC, that required a sata connection. :)