Question How can I overclock this system?

May 11, 2024
Does anyone have any tips on how I could overclock this system?
It has no option to change the clock speed through bios so I would need some external software.
Would anyone know what settings and what software to use?
Here is a screenshot of the specs: https://ibb.co/5kLpSy9
Thanks in advance for any help.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All pc's are not created equal, and that applies to manufacturers too. You have a Lenovo. Unless specifically specified, there is No OC of any of the 3rd party manufacturers like Dell, Lenovo, HP etc. They specifically do not want end-users blowing up a pc, bricking the bios or any of a hundred other causes for return by RMA for reasons they cannot prove as owner abuse/out of warranty.

So no OC, sorry.

You might be looking for AMD Overdrive which has been discontinued since 2020. For Kaveri (under 28nm Steamroller one node after Piledriver FX x3xx series) AOD has been the go-to tool. However, Bulldozer based CPUs have a 20 degree offset depending on the tool you use.

Keep temperatures under 61 or 81 degrees Celcius (55 or 75 to be safe) or thermal throttling will take place. However, note that the A8 7600 is not a K SKU so it may not be overclocked past the boost clock speed. The best is to overclock to an all-core clock matching the boost clock of 3.8 GHz.

Being launched in mid-2014 about 10 years ago, an overclock of ~20% from 3.1 GHz to 3.8 GHz may not speed things up as much as expected. However, if AOD allows the APU to be overclocked, try not to exceed the maximum safe voltage of ~1.55V (1.45V) for 28nm CPUs. Expect to get about 4.5 GHz at best around 1.5V.

Northbridge can also be overvolted to allow for faster NB speeds and RAM speeds if that option is available.