Question How can I throttle my SSD's speed?

Mar 4, 2022
Please don't ask why but I want to somehow throttle my SSD. Is there a program or a setting I am missing?

Mar 4, 2022
No, I am going to ask why?

Throttle in what way...for what reason?
The why may lead to a how.

What are the parts we're working with here?
In a game I am playine gare tricks that allow you to deload the geme but those have been patched in the latest update. The elevator deload still works but only deloads for a very short time and I am hoping to increase that.

I am not sure what my SSD is exactly, all I know is that it has a sata III and a USB C output. I am using a sata to USB cable because all the slots on my motherboard are in use and I don't have another sata cable either.

USAFRet

Titan
In a game I am playine gare tricks that allow you to deload the geme but those have been patched in the latest update. The elevator deload still works but only deloads for a very short time and I am hoping to increase that.

I am not sure what my SSD is exactly, all I know is that it has a sata III and a USB C output. I am using the USB because all the slots on my motherboard are in use and I don't have another sata cable either.
  1. What makes you think this data is always coming off the SSD, and not from RAM?
  2. We're not going to help you cheat in the game.
  3. Swap out your SSD for a 5400 RPM HDD.

Mar 4, 2022
  1. What makes you think this data is always coming off the SSD, and not from RAM?
  2. We're not going to help you cheat in the game.
  3. Swap out your SSD for a 5400 RPM HDD.

1. I have seen people use HDDs to extend the deload time.
  2. It's a singleplayer game and these tricks are mostly used in challenges.
  3. I don't have one and I probably don't have enough money to buy one either.