How can I use my built-in AMD Radeon 7670M instead of Intel HD 4000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kn1ghtX

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Hello, everyone. I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop. It comes with a built-in AMD Radeon 7670M 1GB graphics card. All the games that I have tried seem to be using Intel HD 4000 graphics instead of 1GB AMD Radeon 7670M. I have also assigned High Performance (via switchable graphics) to the games, but they still run using the Intel HD 4000 graphics.

My question is, how can I use my built-in 1GB AMD Radeon 7670M instead of Intel HD 4000 graphics? I have searched everywhere, but was not able to find a solution. Hopefully you guys can help me out :)

Thanks a lot.

hytened rush

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
hi iv also brought the 5520 and having the same problem i dont get te option run using 7670m is there anything else i could try thiese are the thins iv tryed

disabling hd4000 in device manager - games did not pick up any graphics card
in swithable graphics changing the to high perfomance
iv installed drivers from dll and amd

is there anything else anyone can think of

thank you for your time

vivekverma247

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

Im having the same problem with the same laptop! Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 Model.. Did u find a solution to this? If u did please help!

bc685t

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
This is a very easy fix for NVIDIA, AMD should be about the same. But not exactly.

Right click a game/application/browser on the desktop. Highlight 'Run with graphics processor' then click 'Change default graphics processor'. Nvidia control panel will execute, and should be on the Manage 3d settings page with program settings tab highlighted. Click the global settings tab and change the preferred graphics processor to the nvidia gpu...It should be on auto by default.

If you still get bad fps, check your power settings to make sure they are set to high performance. Also, don't try to play very demanding games while on battery. Playing with the charger plugged in is probably the better idea.

itzwickedhd

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
All you have to do open up the game you want to run off your AMD 7670m then close it.

After that go to your desktop right click it and then go to Configure Switchable Graphics. Then select the game. And on the right it will say Power Saving just click that box and then it will say *High Performance* Then run your game and done.

That's all you have to do i have a laptop with the same GPU in it and it was using my Intel HD4000 graphics instead of my graphics card so i tried that and it WORKED :D

nagi09

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
i have hp 2016tx with 7670m graphics card. I tried playing nfs hot pursuit. But the game is running on intel hd 4000. I tried changing it in the config tool of the game. But the config tool shows only intel and not amd. I assigned the game to high performance using catalyst tool. But it is of no use.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Have you taken a look at the Display Adapters in Device Manager? Try disabling Intel HD4000 if it's there and see what happens.

Edit: Not having used integrated graphics before myself, I'm not too sure about this, but I may have heard on a few occasions that you might have to switch from integrated graphics to discrete in BIOS (Or something like that) if you wanted to use that card, not sure if the same applies to mobile GPUs but it may be worth looking into.

G

Dont bother with above... I had the same after buying for my daughter..

Actually you will find that the AMD7670m drivers have NOT been installed as part of the build!!

1) Insert the provided Drivers Disk.
2) Click on Next
3) Scroll down to the AMD Raeon Driver
4) Click on, then click on EXTRACT
5) The drivers will install

Aonce installd you will the be able to do the "Right click on the desktop" and get the "configure switchable graphics", which you do by individual appliaction, either recently run ones show up, or you can browse to associate. And then set to either "Power Saving" (HD4000) or "High Performance" (AMD7670)

Hope this helps.

Kevin

G

See this link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02731962&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Status
Not open for further replies.