[SOLVED] How could I run the 2 of the same program under 2 different names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leksaloffe

Reputable
Jul 12, 2018
I'm trying to use AHK, but while playing the same game on another account. (the AHK script is supposed to work in the background)

The problem I'm facing is that because its the same game, it's not working properly in the background as it keeps interfering with the program I'm trying to play on. So I'm wondering if theres a way to run 2 of the same program under 2 different names, so the other program would work properly in the background?

Solution
I'm trying to use AHK, but while playing the same game on another account. (the AHK script is supposed to work in the background)

The problem I'm facing is that because its the same game, it's not working properly in the background as it keeps interfering with the program I'm trying to play on. So I'm wondering if theres a way to run 2 of the same program under 2 different names, so the other program would work properly in the background?
Game designers are much smarter than you give them credit for. They have anticipated that some people would attempt to cheat by running multiple copies on a single machine and have taken steps to prevent this. Changing the executable name (among other things) will not get around those...

Game designers are much smarter than you give them credit for. They have anticipated that some people would attempt to cheat by running multiple copies on a single machine and have taken steps to prevent this. Changing the executable name (among other things) will not get around those restrictions.

Solution

leksaloffe

Reputable
Jul 12, 2018
Game designers are much smarter than you give them credit for. They have anticipated that some people would attempt to cheat by running multiple copies on a single machine and have taken steps to prevent this. Changing the executable name (among other things) will not get around those restrictions.
That wasn't my problem in this case since I can open as many game clients at once as I want to, but I figured out how to bypass the problem I was having so I'll just give you the solution lol

Status
Not open for further replies.