Question How do I change the RGB colors on my ID-COOLING CPU cooling fan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainenthusiast

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
It's an ID-Cooling SE-226-XT cooler and I cannot find an app for ID hardware RGB. I've changed my RAM and case lights and this is the only component left for the complete look. It's on a default rainbow setting which I am not fond of.

Trainenthusiast

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
Depends how it's connected. If it's connected to the motherboard by the 5V three-pin RGB connector (you didn't specify any of your other hardware), you change the colors in your motherboard's normal RGB software package. If it's not, this cooler comes with a remote for its RGB controller.

Thanks for the answer, mate. Yeah the fan manual says to use the relevant motherboard software to change the colors. I have an ASUS prime B660 plus D4. I can't find which software to use. I tried downloading fanxpert 2+ but the only download options I got were for fanxpert 2. I think they're the same thing as no result even mentioned a 2+. Anyway, I download fanxpert 2 and it didn't work. I got an error message that the model does not support this app, when I tried installing it. I don't have a remote, btw.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Thanks for the answer, mate. Yeah the fan manual says to use the relevant motherboard software to change the colors. I have an ASUS prime B660 plus D4. I can't find which software to use. I tried downloading fanxpert 2+ but the only download options I got were for fanxpert 2. I think they're the same thing as no result even mentioned a 2+. Anyway, I download fanxpert 2 and it didn't work. I got an error message that the model does not support this app, when I tried installing it. I don't have a remote, btw.

If it's an ASUS, then you'd use Aura Sync. Gigabyte has Fusion, ASRock has ASRock Polychrome, and MSI has Mystic Light.

The package says it comes with a remote. So I'm not sure what happened.

Trainenthusiast

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
If it's an ASUS, then you'd use Aura Sync. Gigabyte has Fusion, ASRock has ASRock Polychrome, and MSI has Mystic Light.

The package says it comes with a remote. So I'm not sure what happened.
Yeah I wonder about the controller too. Anyway, went to download Aurasync, apparently it is a part of armoury crate. Downloaded that and it worked! Thanks so much for your help. :3

Yeah I wonder about the controller too. Anyway, went to download Aurasync, apparently it is a part of armoury crate. Downloaded that and it worked! Thanks so much for your help. :3
Just to note: Asus Armory Crate 'can' be a bothersome app. It often gets detected by game cheat software resulting in getting kicked from online multi player games. If this does occur, just uninstall Armoury Crate, and reinstall it and it should work just fine then :)

Reactions: Trainenthusiast
Status
Not open for further replies.