Question How do I choose which graphics card I use for games.

Prentafy

Prominent
Jul 5, 2019
I two graphics cards in my computer, a Amd Radeon rx 580 and a intel. I want to use the radeon card for my games. I tried changing windows graphics settings and turning games to high performance, however, when I launch the game, I go into task manager and see that the intel is being used as my gpu while my radeon is not being used. Any solutions, I really need help.

Prentafy

Prominent
Jul 5, 2019
I two graphics cards in my computer, a Amd Radeon rx 580 and a intel. I want to use the radeon card for my games. I tried changing windows graphics settings and turning games to high performance, however, when I launch the game, I go into task manager and see that the intel is being used as my gpu while my radeon is not being used. Any solutions, I really need help.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Computer? Laptop or Desktop?

If a desktop, you'll use whichever your monitor is connected to. If you're connected to the onboard graphics of your CPU, then that's what it'll use, regardless of what you're doing with the system.

If a laptop, it should auto switch.

Reactions: Veloci

Prentafy

Prominent
Jul 5, 2019
Computer? Laptop or Desktop?

If a desktop, you'll use whichever your monitor is connected to. If you're connected to the onboard graphics of your CPU, then that's what it'll use, regardless of what you're doing with the system.

If a laptop, it should auto switch.
So is their anyway to switch which graphics card is used. btw im on desktop