[SOLVED] How do i connect rainbow fan box to motherboard ?

slippers1690

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Hi all,going by this image, i think i need some kind of wire to change the colours of the halo fans ?.
I have a remote control to change the colours that works
I have inserted the reset switch from motherboard to the rainbow box as shown in image
My motherboard has only got 4 pins for rgb but that's only for the cpu fan.
https://ibb.co/XzFQjgK
Also i noticed that there is a wire attached to the sata power switch on the box with 4 pin holes but one is covered.
What am trying to do is add my fans box to the motherboard if that's even possible ?.
ASUS PRIME B350-Plus Motherboard,

Last edited:
Solution
That lighted fan system can only accept control signal input from a mobo for the more complex ADDR RGB system that uses a 3-pin lighting header. That is what that one connector with a (4-1) hole layout is for. Your mobo does not have that, so you cannot use any mobo signals to control your lights. The wire you have connected from one end of the BOX to your case Reset switch, as instructed, is how you control the fan SPEEDS. When you push the Reset button repeatedly, it will cycle through the three possible fan speeds. Leave it where you want.

To control the LIGHTS you use all the buttons on the remote control box. That is the only way to adjust those lights since you cannot feed it a mobo ADDR RGB signal.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
That lighted fan system can only accept control signal input from a mobo for the more complex ADDR RGB system that uses a 3-pin lighting header. That is what that one connector with a (4-1) hole layout is for. Your mobo does not have that, so you cannot use any mobo signals to control your lights. The wire you have connected from one end of the BOX to your case Reset switch, as instructed, is how you control the fan SPEEDS. When you push the Reset button repeatedly, it will cycle through the three possible fan speeds. Leave it where you want.

To control the LIGHTS you use all the buttons on the remote control box. That is the only way to adjust those lights since you cannot feed it a mobo ADDR RGB signal.

Solution

slippers1690

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016

Am not bothered about the colour i just wanted to take control of the speeds using asus utilities.