how do I copy my own DVDs?

I made my first DVD two days ago with Vegas 5/DVD architect 2.0 and I
am wondering if I can make bit for bit an identical copy on a blank
DVD from the DVD I made.

Gerard

Nero Recode

"Kiriakos Georgiou" <kg.google@olympiakos.com> wrote in message
> I made my first DVD two days ago with Vegas 5/DVD architect 2.0 and I
> am wondering if I can make bit for bit an identical copy on a blank
> DVD from the DVD I made.

>am wondering if I can make bit for bit an identical copy on a blank
>DVD from the DVD I made.

##############
dvdRhelp.com BG

kg.google@olympiakos.com (Kiriakos Georgiou) wrote:

> I made my first DVD two days ago with Vegas 5/DVD architect 2.0
> and I am wondering if I can make bit for bit an identical copy
> on a blank DVD from the DVD I made.

Sometimes the easiest solution eludes us because it just
seems too simple. All modern burning software (Roxio or Nero)
includes a "copy disk" function. Set the source drive and the
destination drive both to designate your DVD burner and insert
your original DVD. After the software scans-in your original,
it will pop open the drive and prompt you to insert a blank,
burning an exact copy.

On 25 May 2004 02:56:03 -0700, rodeo_racer@netzero.com (Tech God)
wrote:

>kg.google@olympiakos.com (Kiriakos Georgiou) wrote:
>
>> I made my first DVD two days ago with Vegas 5/DVD architect 2.0
>> and I am wondering if I can make bit for bit an identical copy
>> on a blank DVD from the DVD I made.
>
>Sometimes the easiest solution eludes us because it just
>seems too simple. All modern burning software (Roxio or Nero)
>includes a "copy disk" function. Set the source drive and the
>destination drive both to designate your DVD burner and insert
>your original DVD. After the software scans-in your original,
>it will pop open the drive and prompt you to insert a blank,
>burning an exact copy.

Except if your DVD comes from a Panasonic DVD recorder. For
some reason, the data structure those things write prevents you from
simply copying the disc. I usually use DVD Shrink on my home recorded
discs as well, since it scans and extracts everything for the copy.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!

google.com

Neil Nadelman wrote:

> Except if your DVD comes from a Panasonic DVD recorder. For
> some reason, the data structure those things write prevents you from
> simply copying the disc. I usually use DVD Shrink on my home recorded
> discs as well, since it scans and extracts everything for the copy.

Is it a big, esoteric secret that all you have to do is find the VIDEO
TS folder and copy it to your new disc? That's how you burn DVDs in the
first place - why wouldn't you guys know that???

Gary Eickmeier

TRENDING THREADS