[SOLVED] How do I do a clean install of windows that already has windows installed?

Apr 8, 2019
HI All,

So I am having a slight problem with my new M.2 drive that I just recently bought.

The problem:
I bought a new M.2 and installed windows, however, I forgot to unplug the old SSD whilst I was installing the new windows and thus not creating a boot partition on the new M.2.

Now I would like to know how to uninstall windows and do a clean install. I understand that I could just format the drive and then re-install it using a USB with the boot media on it but I just want some clarity on this. Do I format the drive and then reinstall windows as I said earlier or can I do that without having to format the drive?

Also, I understand I need to keep the old drive unplugged whilst I am doing this in order for it to create a boot partition but is there possibly another way to create a boot partition on the new M.2 without having to reinstall windows?

Thank you

Solution
No. All your registry settings are set. In order to clear those to not point to your secondary drive, you need to perform a full reinstall of Windows without the secondary drive connected.

-Wolf sends