[SOLVED] How do i do a new clean win 10 install on old PC that has the same product key?

Feb 20, 2019
So my computer that had win 10 installed, got compleatly destroyed after an unsuccessful disk defragmentation.

So after that i desided to wipe all old information from my pc and do a clean new install.

So do i just do a clean new install by putting the same usb stick that had my previous windows install in my pc, and do like a new install thing. I have also saved the 25 digit home product key, so do i use the same one again that i had/used in my previous PC?

And i understood that a new windows install removed all older files and stuff so do i need to wait during the new install for the SSD and HHD to remove all older files/programs from them?

The only thing i need to transfer from my old pc is few games. But origin has cloud storage so i should not loose any in-game progress?!

And if steam cloud storages csgo that'd be nice too...

And star citizen should i just reinstall the game? (Can i also use my extra-bought ship)

Thanks for any help.

Solution
On the same hardware, you shouldn't need the license key at all.
When it asks, skip that section, and continue on.

Later, if it does NOT automatically activate, then enter the license key.

When you boot up with the new windows install, you can delete/format and do what you want.
Just make sure that you only have the Drive you want to install windows on, is the ONLY drive plugged into the computer.
Disconnect any and all other drives apart from that one

USAFRet

Titan
On the same hardware, you shouldn't need the license key at all.
When it asks, skip that section, and continue on.

Later, if it does NOT automatically activate, then enter the license key.

Solution