Question How do I fix my webcam (Windows 11 driver issue)

Nov 5, 2023
Hello everyone,
I have a Lenovo FHD 300 webcam. A few months back my webcam decided to stop working out of the blue. whenever I use my camera, the light turns on but there is no image, and even after I close the app the camera continues to be in use (the light keeps blinking) for some reason. I wrote about this issue in some forums, they told me that this was most definitely a hardware issue, as I'm not getting any image if I tried it with a different system as well (my laptop). Well that was until today, when I had this wild idea that what if this was an issue with windows drivers that have been automatically installed for my camera? So using an OTG cable, I plugged my webcam to my android phone and it works perfectly fine, it is definitely not a hardware issue.
I went to device manager, tried uninstalling and refreshing the device a bunch of time, I scoured the internet for drivers for this webcam, I'm simply not able to get it.
Lenovo has done such a bad job with this webcam that there are no drivers even available in their website.
Windows device manager has a 2006 dated driver for this device installed automatically, I don't know how to change it as well.
Driver Details from device manager

Can someone please help me with how to fix this issue? How do I load in a custom driver that might work with my webcam even though there is no official driver for my webcam?