Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
I’ve been having constant troubles with my PC for months, it will go well for a while, then end up having problems a month later, and i mean CONSISTENTLY. at first I’ve been having problems with “kmode_exception_not_handeld” with a Cl.DLL failure. It crashed last week with this error while playing terraria with friends.
Before i go on, all my parts are basically brand new with the exception of a HDD and a GPU; here’s the list

Asus B550 F
1TB Samsung M.2
Corsair 750w PSU
Gtx 1050ti
2x 16GB 3200mhz Corsair vengeance
Seagate 500gb HDD
NZXT cpu cooler
AMD ryzen 5 5600x

I have reset windows 4 times now, 2 of them a few months ago. Twice last night and today (currently trying to reinstall but with better progress)

To be clear in my issues for instillation: the first steps (entering product key, selecting partitions etc.) go by smoothly, it’s until i get to the actual setup, i start having problems. Every time i move my mouse on “select country/region” setup part, it freezes and restarts windows and goes back to the latter. Thinking instillation would fix the cl.dll error, which it will, i reset windows as it wouldn’t be a issue in losing all my files in order to get it fixed 100% with no more issues. i cannot for the life of me figure out what to do. I’m cleaning all my disks parts. as we speak to see if that could be an issue.

I went to Best Buy earlier today, only to waste my time and gas money for them to just take a look at it for 95.99$. I’m not fixing to pay that for a potential small fix. I’ve come to the smarter agents in here to give me hope in what the problem is. Only conclusion i have come to is that it could be my HDD failing in a way, and worst case my brand new RAM not firing right. I’ve been messing with this for days. Please help. Any info you need just ask. I won’t be able to install or test anything within my PC cause well, i can’t even get to the second option for setup. Thank you, I’ll be active all day/night

side note: before i had these problems, when ever i boot into windows and sign in, it would take a while to even get to dashboard, and then once i got in the taskbar wouldn’t work (including windows button) for a good 2-5 minutes. Even though i have a m.2. the newest version at that.

with the windows instillation, it will make my screen cut up in bars so to speak as if it’s glitching, then go to “just a moment” and freeze on the second circle it makes, then go to setup, and if i move my mouse even a nano meter, it crashes and resets, but if i use my keyboard arrows, it still lags and freezes, but goes on to the other set up options at a very slow rate. Once i get to “internet connections” there’s no option other than “i don’t have access to internet” even though i do.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
latest bios?
latest windows 10 installation media from MS website?
Bios should be updated properly, unless there’s a new one from these past few months, and i downloaded from the media creation tool, so i can only assume that it’s at its latest updates. I’ll look into the bios updates on asus, will come back with further details.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
latest bios?
latest windows 10 installation media from MS website?
Looking at the bios updates/features options in asus, i don’t think i have installed this update (version 2423) it does mention “improved system stability”. Now before i download the update, should i do so, cause i heard downloading bios updates can mess up motherboards.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
MEMTEST86 creates a bootable USB. You would have to have a functioning PC to download and create the bootable media.
I do, if the bios update Dosnt help with install i will download memtest and let it run tonight. I’m getting sick as of right now and probably won’t go to work tomorrow cause they won’t allow me to due to Covid, so I’ll be able to work on it more then. Will keep you posted

Colif

Win 11 Master
if its happening after he has installed it on the ssd and after the first restart

To be clear in my issues for instillation: the first steps (entering product key, selecting partitions etc.) go by smoothly,
its not ram.
I would check the drive you installing on before looking at ram.
Up until the PC restarts after installing it on the ssd, its running in ram
after the restart, its part ram and part hdd/ssd, but if its not letting him make changes to the install at that stage, I would look at the C drive.

the behavior of PC in general isn't very good
side note: before i had these problems, when ever i boot into windows and sign in, it would take a while to even get to dashboard, and then once i got in the taskbar wouldn’t work (including windows button) for a good 2-5 minutes. Even though i have a m.2. the newest version at that.
should be about 20 seconds max.

Corsair don't have a bootable SSD tool. best they have is https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6075-corsair-ssd-toolbox.html which doesn't help if windows won't install
might have to run chkdsk

Last edited:

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
if its happening after he has installed it on the ssd and after the first restart

its not ram.
I would check the drive you installing on before looking at ram.
Up until the PC restarts after installing it on the ssd, its running in ram
after the restart, its part ram and part hdd/ssd, but if its not letting him make changes to the install at that stage, I would look at the C drive.

the behavior of PC in general isn't very good

should be about 20 seconds max.

Corsair don't have a bootable SSD tool. best they have is https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6075-corsair-ssd-toolbox.html which doesn't help if windows won't install
might have to run chkdsk
Ur right on the ram not being an issue, memtest says nothing is wrong, after running chkdsk, what should i do? The drive is brand new and don’t see how it could mess up like that

Colif

Win 11 Master
To be clear in my issues for instillation: the first steps (entering product key, selecting partitions etc.) go by smoothly, it’s until i get to the actual setup, i start having problems. Every time i move my mouse on “select country/region” setup part, it freezes and restarts windows and goes back to the latter. Thinking instillation would fix the cl.dll error, which it will, i reset windows as it wouldn’t be a issue in losing all my files in order to get it fixed 100% with no more issues. i cannot for the life of me figure out what to do. I’m cleaning all my disks parts. as we speak to see if that could be an issue.

My reading of situation is the install that had the cl.dll that you are talking about has been wiped and he is trying to reinstall windows but it won't get past a stage of the install.\

So what cl.dll was is hard to figure out now, and kind of pointless.

I would try to install windows on the hdd and see if you get same problem. take the nvme out first.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
My reading of situation is the install that had the cl.dll that you are talking about has been wiped and he is trying to reinstall windows but it won't get past a stage of the install.\

I would try to install windows on the hdd and see if you get same problem. take the nvme out first.
I will do that here soon

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

“ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu” getting this at driver selection for my hard drive, tried formatting it

D

Deleted member 14196

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opencl.dll

so you missing that file? have a read, if this don't fix ya you have hardware issues, possibly drive issues

OpenCL.dll is missing - Microsoft Community

you could try a wipe and reinstall clean, resets are generally useless anyway in my experience

i googled cl.dll and nothing really comes up. some stupid website that talks about it doesnt even say what it comes from. It doesn't belong there if it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
“ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu” getting this at driver selection for my hard drive, tried formatting it

“windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers bios” went in there and havnt seen a thing about disk controllers.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opencl.dll

so you missing that file? have a read, if this don't fix ya you have hardware issues, possibly drive issues

OpenCL.dll is missing - Microsoft Community

you could try a wipe and reinstall clean, resets are generally useless anyway in my experience

i googled cl.dll and nothing really comes up. some stupid website that talks about it doesnt even say what it comes from. It doesn't belong there if it's there.
Well, see that’s the problem, Im already clean installing and don’t know how to get into files unless i download it on to my USB, which i don’t think is executable to a boot.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

Okay i did a disk check on my HDD and it said it found errors. And when trying “/f” it says “windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected. I’ve installed windows on this HDD before. So idk why it’s giving me problems