Question How do I get my GPU using both HDMI and DisplayPort outputs?

Oct 10, 2020
Have two monitors each plugged into a HDMI and display port on a ASUS TUF GTX 1650 4gb gpu, but only one monitor displays, the second won't pick up signal.
Both outputs and monitors work as tested individually, no loose cables, on right settings and gpu says it can display 3 monitors. They are both 1080p 60hz monitors too so one isn't running higher res.
Any idea on what I might be missing or how to fix?

Either right click the desktop, select Display settings and enable the second monitor by way of "Extend desktop to this display" or, you can do the same thing in Nvidia control panel from the "Set up multiple displays" setting on the left hand side.

Oct 10, 2020
Either right click the desktop, select Display settings and enable the second monitor by way of "Extend desktop to this display" or, you can do the same thing in Nvidia control panel from the "Set up multiple displays" setting on the left hand side.

Nothing showing in display settings and Nvidia control panel only shows one display even when trying to detect device.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure you have the display cables plugged into the outputs on the graphics card, and not on the motherboard? You'd be surprised how often that happens.

Have you tried a clean install of the GX card drivers?

Latest motherboard BIOS version?

Tried removing and reinstalling the graphics card?

Input settings on the display itself?