[SOLVED] How do I identify what is at fault in my Computer?

fabiowuersch

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
Hello together,

Recently I've run into some problems with my computer. About 4-5 weeks ago my rig startet to randomly freeze completely. I can't move my mouse, can't press ctrl-alt-del etc., it's just dead. After restarting it usually runs fine but sometimes it crashes a few minutes in. I even had my pc run for a while without me doing anything (was afk) and when I came back it was frozen. There is no error text and I can't see a specific spike in the performance tab in the task manager.

I just can't figure out what it is, neither can I trigger it with anything I do. It just happens randomly.

To fix the problem I did some research on how to troubleshoot something like this.

I've tried these things:
  • Increase the virtual memory
  • Update all drivers
  • Run a memory check
  • Run disk check
  • Run System File Checker
  • Completely reset my computer

Some people recommended unplugging all external parts and then test run the rig. I can't really do that though because I don't know how to 'trigger' it. Sometimes it runs fine for a whole day without me changing anything and the next day it crashes in a few minutes

My computer specs:
  • Windows 10
  • Prozessor: Intel Core i7 6700 (LGA 1151, 3.40GHz)
  • Grafikkarte: ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8G-GAMING
  • Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
  • Arbeitsspeicher: HyperX Fury (2x, 8GB)
  • Netzteil: Corsair RM750x (750W)
Thanks in advance for all answers!

Solution
There are a lot of the red cross errors. But from the picture you posted, it looks like either the gpu or monitor has problem. Try other gpu or monitor, if you have an extra one.

fabiowuersch

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
Use the " reliability monitor tool " to find something or not.

View: https://imgur.com/c2XHyLR

Unfortunately nothing :/

I did get some weird grafic bugs recently, could that imply that the GPU has some kind of defect? [ View: https://imgur.com/mQRThhn
]

TRENDING THREADS