[SOLVED] How do I Prevent my laptop from force shutdown?

Jan 13, 2022
Recently my laptop (Asus vivobook - x540U) stopped working (Power IC got damaged) because of a faulty battery. Even though it was the original battery that came with the laptop it caused this issue. After the service, the technician said this looks like an issue with the model. Because the battery is installed inside the laptop instead of the regular method of outside (Back of the laptop). So, considering this I thought the best solution will be to use a UPS to avoid any future damage to the laptop because of the issue of the model and the battery.

Now to my current issue. I'll try to explain it in the best way I can. Even though the UPS doing an excellent job, when the laptop is powered up (I don't have to press the power button, after turning the UPS on the laptop will automatically turn on), it goes to a force shutdown (With a noticeable clicking sound of from HDD) right after the Asus logo, then it will automatically power on again 2nd time and after that, it'll start to boot as usual. So I have some questions regarding the situation.

1. Will this force shutdown process damage the HDD as well as the overall laptop?
  2. Is there a way to prevent this force shutdown process?
I'm hoping for quick and good response because I'm an undergraduate and I have end semester examinations within next month. Thank you.

Solution
1 I dont think it will damage the HDD, but over time it will cause more wear to it.
Regardless of the usage of the harddrive, you should take regular backup of personal and important files. The harddrive can crash today or it can crash in several years.

2 This is typically something only the manufacturer of the device will know. Maybe it's just the manufacturer that haven't designed the laptop to run without battery.
1 I dont think it will damage the HDD, but over time it will cause more wear to it.
Regardless of the usage of the harddrive, you should take regular backup of personal and important files. The harddrive can crash today or it can crash in several years.

2 This is typically something only the manufacturer of the device will know. Maybe it's just the manufacturer that haven't designed the laptop to run without battery.

Reactions: OPHeaven
Solution
Jan 13, 2022
What do you mean by ' Cause more Wear to it'? Is it about the overall performance and HDD life span? Like it'll be not usable?
This is typically something only the manufacturer of the device will know. Maybe it's just the manufacturer that haven't designed the laptop to run without battery
So it looks like there is no workaround for this.

TRENDING THREADS