[SOLVED] How do I properly install windows 10 after possible corrupt HDD or error code 0x80070570 on new HDD

Jan 10, 2020
Here is the full story: I had a 4Tb WDC blue HDD which I've had for about a year or two and has been working well. A couple days ago I was attempting to sleep and then I went to put my computer to sleep and it did not turn off so I decided to hit the power button and unplug the computer since it would not shut down.

I know, stupid. However i noticed that when I booted my computer up again it did not recognize my hard drive. I changed the boot order around and tried everything I could but it did not recognize windows or anything on the disk. It still shows up in boot orders and everything but I am unable to successfully get into my computer. I decided to change to a different hard drive so I wouldn't have to wipe my old one, and bought a WDC black HDD to replace it. I then went in and attempted to install windows on THAT HDD and it would give me the error code. I also notice that whenever it fails the install when I go back to attempt it again that it will create two partitions out of the HDD. I have looked on different for solutions and the say to clean the disk and delete the partitions however thus still hasn't solved the issue. Any insight is helpful, and if there is anything I can provide to help you help me that would be fantastic. Thank you and I apologize in advance, I'm not the best with computers.

Solution
Disconnect all drives except the one you want the OS on.

Clean install, deleting ALL partitions on the drive as you go through the process.

If it still fails, you have other issues. We can go into that later.

USAFRet

Titan

Clean install, deleting ALL partitions on the drive as you go through the process.

Solution

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
An appearance of the 0x80070570 error code is usually triggered by a missing or corrupted file. A damaged or faulty drive can also cause the 0x80070570 message to appear, as this can prevent your Windows computer from reading the required files correctly.
You should try running Memtest86, HDD health test and give the results.

Jan 10, 2020

Thank you for the information. It seems it was a faulty USB windows installer but using the link for the clean instalation with a normal USB seems to have fixed the issue.