[SOLVED] How do I stop my fans from maxing out in Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy420

Prominent
Feb 11, 2019
I just upgraded my gaming pc and since I had 3 pin fans and a splitter I thought the fans being at max was a controller problem. I since have removed the splitter and plugged just 1 system fan into the header (it is set to voltage mode). In the BIOS my fans are fine and at a normal speed however as soon as I go to put in my pin to log into windows 10 the fans ramp up to 100% speed (including my CPU fan which is plugged into the CPU fan header and set to PWM mode) any help would be appreciated thanks. All my temperatures and utilisation is normal (idling at about 30C and 10% usage)

Solution
Nevermind, despite my pc being cool enough windows was running checks everytime it was on. One of my GPU fans was being blocked by a SATA cable from the motherboard which made windows assume it was overheating. I have since cable tied the cable out of the way and it works fine now.

TLDR: Check all your fans are actually spinning if you have this issue.

Tommy420

Prominent
Feb 11, 2019
Nevermind, despite my pc being cool enough windows was running checks everytime it was on. One of my GPU fans was being blocked by a SATA cable from the motherboard which made windows assume it was overheating. I have since cable tied the cable out of the way and it works fine now.

TLDR: Check all your fans are actually spinning if you have this issue.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.