How do i update my asus bios

equin0x

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Hello, I am having an issue with booting my computer it takes me many attempts just to boot it, i am currently trying to update my bios to fix this but this is proving to be nearly impossiable due to this issue

equin0x

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011

equin0x

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
gtx 460 i5 2500k windows 7 psu 500w 16gb ram patriot my exact issue is that as i reboot my computer it will randomly freeze during the boot up process causing me to have to restart during the boot up process

equin0x

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
i have now finally gotten my bios updated but that does not seem to have fixed the issue i wouldn't care about having to spend 2 extra minutes booting my computer but i feel this is leading me to have an issue with my drivers. I constantly have my computer frezze and get the message nvidia drivers have stopped responding and have recovered. If you guys think my booting issue and these are connect please tell me and if i must first fix the booting issue before i could fix the nvidia driver thing. Lastly i have tried many driver versions of nvidia none of them fixing my problem permentaly ( i have speculation that my 500 watt no name brand psu could be the problem but i am not completly sure about this). This was my first build so all of these parts are new.

Did you test the memory by running Memtest86+ overnight? Also use Prime95 torture test for several hours to make sure that the CPU and motherboard work properly. This still doesn't guarantee that the system is 100% perfect, but it's a very good start. If everything runs properly, then I would try a different video card.

equin0x

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I have tried another graphics card and this fixed the booting issue but nothing i do can fix the drivers have stopped responding and recovered issue which happens like ever 5 minutes- 5 seconds