Question How do I Update this Strange BIOS?

JudithWright

Commendable
Oct 5, 2021
I tried doing an AliExpress build using this X79 Motherboard:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...ation.0.0.59113e5fIaet4j&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

“ JGINYUE X79 ATX LGA 2011 GAMING6 MOTHERBOARD “

CPU: INTEL XEON E5-2695 V2

RAM:
256GB DDR3 PC3L-10600L LRDIMM Server Memory Samsung M386B8G70DE0-YH9 (4 x 64GB)

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060 (12GB)

PSU: Apevia Spirit 700 watts

BIOS: American MegaTrends: 2.17.1246

The system takes about a full-minute to POST - so I asked the JGINYUE store for an updated BIOS file.

They sent me a ZIP file that has a ROM file ( “ X7GING6.ROM “ ), a Windows Batch File ( “ x “ ), and an Application file ( “ AFUDOS “ ).

How do I use this to update the BIOS?

I have looked for YouTube videos and I have looked on the American MegaTrends website, but I do not see any way to use these files to update the BIOS?

If I CAN get this updated, can I actually expect this to speed-up the startup time to the POST screen?

I don’t even know where to start with these BIOS files…

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Typically you just put the BIOS file onto removeable USB storage, like a flash drive, and there will be a utility in the BIOS for updating.

Not really any fancy instructions since this is a very normal activity.

Only recently that you could initiate BIOS updating from utilities that run in Windows.

Contents of the batch file probably set up that application to run on next boot and go from there, but I would need to see the contents. Still, the old fashioned method is best.

I don't think anyone can speak to the performance or stability of refurbished motherboards and their accompanying BIOS.