[SOLVED] How do you start up with a key board and mouse and no OS?

May 7, 2020
It may seem silly to y'all, but how do I get my wireless keyboard and mouse to work with my new build before the OS is installed? I want to set up the Raid 1 before installing Windows. Apparently the BIOS has a built in process for this. MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 7 CPU. It turns on! It turns out I don't have integrated graphics so I still need the $400 GPU. In the mean time, I need to know about the Keyboard and mouse. I don't own a keyboard with a cord.

Solution
some mobo's can handle the wireless mouse and some can't. if yours does not, then you have not choice but to get a wired one for that initial set-up. last time i needed one i went o my local thrift store and got one for $5. still have it for when i need it like this.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
some mobo's can handle the wireless mouse and some can't. if yours does not, then you have not choice but to get a wired one for that initial set-up. last time i needed one i went o my local thrift store and got one for $5. still have it for when i need it like this.

Solution