Question How durable is the GPU? (Physically)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
So I was doing some cable management with my pc and tilted it away from myself to have a look at the bottom, but it almost ended up tilting fully over and landing flat on the desk, so I quickly pushed it towards myself and the pc ended up kinda rocking forward and back (like a rocking chair???) I'm just worried that I may have damaged the GPU or even all the other components of my pc. I turned it on and It doesn't seem to have any apparent problems, but how durable is the GPU board? Is it really fragile? Or am I worrying about nothing?

Ralston18

Titan
Rocking - not so bad. Fall, boom, jar, bang, knock, kick, hit, etc - bad.

Overall, if it is working then consider yourself lucky and move on.

No need to worry but keep the incident in mind...

The mishap may have loosened something up a bit that consequently may work loose sooner than usual.

Applying the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy leave well enough alone until some problem develops.

Then go inside and look for what may have come loose. Could be almost anything.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Jul 22, 2022
Hello,
I had just bought a 3070 founder edition for my first build, and on the drive home my water bottle dropped on the box. I am worried that it may have damaged the GPU. My water bottle is a stainless steel 28oz. I unfortunately can’t run it because I don’t have a full setup. Is there any way I can test it or do you think the card is fine?

USAFRet

Titan
Hello,
I had just bought a 3070 founder edition for my first build, and on the drive home my water bottle dropped on the box. I am worried that it may have damaged the GPU. My water bottle is a stainless steel 28oz. I unfortunately can’t run it because I don’t have a full setup. Is there any way I can test it or do you think the card is fine?
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.
This one is 3 years old, and completely different circumstances.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.