Mar 21, 2020
I bought one for myself while it was on sale and there's lots of good reviews but is it mainly for gaming? And how good is the surround sound? Is it good enough to clearly hear where the enemy is and was it a good choice for a new pair of gaming headphones?

Solution
Havn't been delivered yet but im wondering if they do have good surround sound, no one really mentions it in videos, well the ones that I have watched.

I would have asked before ordering, and if after just wait till you get them to see how you like it. The virtual surround gives headphones a bigger sound-stage like being in a larger room, but the Mix does not have that, they are stereo only. What you are asking about is not really surround sound but more sound-stage and accuracy, sound stage is how wide the environment sounds to you and accuracy is how precisely you can pick up location of instruments or direction of sound in that sound-stage. I like the HyperX Cloud Alpha but the Mix uses different drivers.

The white ones...
If you already own a pair, the best review of all you can get, is your own.

Reviews can only go to a certain length, and some of the non-scientific results will always be based on personal preference, eventhough proffesional reviewers are good at trying to provide a neutral verdict, there will be a litlle bit of personal preference used to describe the sound impression.

But some people prefer a sound leaning towards a sound rich in bass, other prefer a crystal clear sound, some want EQ neutral, and so on.

So unless you are considering returning them, and opening the box to try the headset would cancel that possibility, you should fire up some of your favourite game, movies music, everything you intend to use them for, and see for yourself if you like them.

Some may hate them, some may love them, some probably don't care.

But to me, it seems like I've seen mostly positive reviews and opinions on both sound and build quality, and at a fair price for what you get.

Mar 21, 2020
If you already own a pair, the best review of all you can get, is your own.

Reviews can only go to a certain length, and some of the non-scientific results will always be based on personal preference, eventhough proffesional reviewers are good at trying to provide a neutral verdict, there will be a litlle bit of personal preference used to describe the sound impression.

But some people prefer a sound leaning towards a sound rich in bass, other prefer a crystal clear sound, some want EQ neutral, and so on.

So unless you are considering returning them, and opening the box to try the headset would cancel that possibility, you should fire up some of your favourite game, movies music, everything you intend to use them for, and see for yourself if you like them.

Some may hate them, some may love them, some probably don't care.

But to me, it seems like I've seen mostly positive reviews and opinions on both sound and build quality
Havn't been delivered yet but im wondering if they do have good surround sound, no one really mentions it in videos, well the ones that I have watched.

I've never personally owned a pair of Kingston headphones, but I did consider one of their models recently and read a few reviews. The impression I got was that they are a solid choice in that pricerange for gaming headsets.

For music only, I would look for something other than a gaming headset

I would have asked before ordering, and if after just wait till you get them to see how you like it. The virtual surround gives headphones a bigger sound-stage like being in a larger room, but the Mix does not have that, they are stereo only. What you are asking about is not really surround sound but more sound-stage and accuracy, sound stage is how wide the environment sounds to you and accuracy is how precisely you can pick up location of instruments or direction of sound in that sound-stage. I like the HyperX Cloud Alpha but the Mix uses different drivers.

The white ones with rose gold look very nice BTW, hope you got that color :)

Solution
Mar 21, 2020

The white ones with rose gold look very nice BTW, hope you got that color :)
Is the cloud mix a good choice for gaming though?

TRENDING THREADS