[SOLVED] How many uncorrectable sectors is bad?

Solution
It's only bad if the number increases constantly because that would show a physical problem with the drive, software like hard disk sentinel allows you to do a surface scan with validation which will sort out if the blocks are really bad or just tagged bad by the os because there was whatever issue with communicating with the drive, lose cable or something.
You don't have to do that though, just always have a backup of all important files even on a brand new disk because you can never have enough backups.

I have a drive with ~300 bad sectors that I'm using for years now without any issues YMMW.
It's only bad if the number increases constantly because that would show a physical problem with the drive, software like hard disk sentinel allows you to do a surface scan with validation which will sort out if the blocks are really bad or just tagged bad by the os because there was whatever issue with communicating with the drive, lose cable or something.
You don't have to do that though, just always have a backup of all important files even on a brand new disk because you can never have enough backups.

I have a drive with ~300 bad sectors that I'm using for years now without any issues YMMW.

Solution
Nov 28, 2021

its increased to 744 now

should i be worried?