Question How much do you think I can sell this laptop for?

That might be "literally brand new" to you, but in reality it's a five year old unit and platform, with the 6700hq models having been 2015 only.

That makes it worth much less regardless of how many actual hours of use it has seen, but still, worth something certainly.

I'd think that possibly, given the right buyer, if the unit IS in like new condition, with a clean OS installation and no issues at all either in terms of performance or aesthetics, you might be able to get five or six hundred dollars for it to the right buyer. That might seem low ball for a unit that cost nearly three times that originally, but that was five years ago, and there are 700 dollar units available now, new, with warranty, that will outperform that model, so you have to put it in perspective.

I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear, but I sell used laptops all the time and can tell you that overall they are not usually worth a lot more than whatever recent upgrades have been done to them. Given that none have apparently been done to that unit, it meets the usual "worth only 65%" the minute it leaves the store and then a loss of about ten percent per year. Or thereabouts.

Oct 14, 2020
That might be "literally brand new" to you, but in reality it's a five year old unit and platform, with the 6700hq models having been 2015 only.

That makes it worth much less regardless of how many actual hours of use it has seen, but still, worth something certainly.

I'd think that possibly, given the right buyer, if the unit IS in like new condition, with a clean OS installation and no issues at all either in terms of performance or aesthetics, you might be able to get five or six hundred dollars for it to the right buyer. That might seem low ball for a unit that cost nearly three times that originally, but that was five years ago, and there are 700 dollar units available now, new, with warranty, that will outperform that model, so you have to put it in perspective.

I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear, but I sell used laptops all the time and can tell you that overall they are not usually worth a lot more than whatever recent upgrades have been done to them. Given that none have apparently been done to that unit, it meets the usual "worth only 65%" the minute it leaves the store and then a loss of about ten percent per year. Or thereabouts.

Oh, I definitely agree that it is a four year old unit and definitely outdated. I was just trying to specify that nothing is wrong with it and I only used it for a few hours :)

Thanks for your reply. It really means a lot.

Make no mistake, it has value. I still sell much older Sandy and Ivy bridge CPU model laptops, for around 300 bucks, but I also have to usually invest a little to add some RAM and an SSD to them to do it. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a buyer so long as the price you are asking is reasonable.

Be sure to list the battery cycle count, battery condition, and how much time you can 'browse the web' on battery.
Many people shy away from older laptops due to the chance of the battery not lasting more than 60 mins browsing the web. If the laptop's just been sitting most of the time (on battery or plugged in) the battery may not be in the best condition.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Oh, I definitely agree that it is a four year old unit and definitely outdated. I was just trying to specify that nothing is wrong with it and I only used it for a few hours :)

Thanks for your reply. It really means a lot.

You have to understand that there's no odometer, so anyone that purchases it is going to consider your laptop no different than the one that was used throughout the four years.