[SOLVED] How much money should I spend on a case?

Moth254KF

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
Hi, I only have 60-80 usd to spend on a goodbudget case. I searching for one who has good airflow and is ATX, but the good ones I found are like 100 usd, so Should I spend more in a case or I can go with a cheap one?

I forgot to mention, I live in a zone with lot of moisture

EDIT: I forgot about something to tell, I live in the south of Mexico, so the only two sides I can order are https://www.amazon.com.mx/ and https://www.cyberpuerta.mx

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i went with the fractal focus g

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZH...s-g-black-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-bk-w

was $50 on sale and has plenty of airflow, lots of room to build in and really easy cable management. i would suggest a couple more fans as it only comes with the 2 in front. i added 2 more. one on the back and one on top and i have no issues with airflow.

but as noted, if you are in a particularly humid area, a de-humidifier is a good idea for the room.

Moth254KF

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
Cases are a personal thing. Some like plain, some like rgb "bling"
Some want a window, but a windowless case is likely to be quieter.
Buy a case you love.
Bust your budget for one.
It will be with you for a long time.

My personal criteria would include at least two 120/140mm front intake fans.
That should supply sufficient cooling air for a mostly hot gpu and cpu.
I want that front intake to include a easily washable front filter.
That keeps your parts clean.
Focus G has such a filter, I don't know about the corsair case .
I want at least 160mm available for a good air cooler.
I do not much like liquid cooling which is usually not necessary in a ATX case.

Moth254KF

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
i went with the fractal focus g

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZH...s-g-black-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-bk-w

was $50 on sale and has plenty of airflow, lots of room to build in and really easy cable management. i would suggest a couple more fans as it only comes with the 2 in front. i added 2 more. one on the back and one on top and i have no issues with airflow.

but as noted, if you are in a particularly humid area, a de-humidifier is a good idea for the room.
Hey bruh, I check that and is pettry good, but there's a problem, the shipping costs the triple (I live in south Mexico), so I do not is a good idea, besides that I do not know if Amazon USA gives me warrantyt in a international level

DSzymborski

Titan
Hey bruh, I check that and is pettry good, but there's a problem, the shipping costs the triple (I live in south Mexico), so I do not is a good idea, besides that I do not know if Amazon USA gives me warrantyt in a international level

It might be helpful to give a link to a site that you can order from. People have no way of knowing what's available for you unless you tell us.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Most modern cases are made of aluminum or plastic. The humidity aspect shouldn't cause significant issue with either.

I look at cases a couple of ways in respect to budget and what equipment will be put in them. A side aspect of that is how often I plan, or perceive that the case will be "gotten into" or used as a different rebuild. For most people, if they pick a case that they like the look of, that has at least SOME airflow, build a light gamer in and it's never looked at again.

Better cases have better options for cable management, better finish on edges, cut outs where you need them. Often they have good air flow, but this certainly is not always the case. I would particularly be wary of, and take a look at the design of the hot at the moment glass front "RGB Fan" crap that is going around. Use common sense when looking at layout. If air can't get in, and out, and if you have equipment that will produce heat...there is a problem.

As to another specific for your region. I would consider your ambient temps in relation to what equipment you are selecting and proposed load. Selecting some high TDP super powerful CPU/GPU, the PSU to run it all and cheaping out on a case in a hot area isn't going to do you favors.