yunggeh

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
can i do for this computer? i am thinking of giving it to someone

ECS 661FX-M P4 Motherboard
2.8 GHz 800MHz Intel Pentium 4 (1M)
Cooling Fan Socket 478
1256 Memory Ram
RADEON 9200SE 128M DDR 8X DVI /TV <-------- don't remember if i upgraded the card or not
LITEON 52x32x52x CDRW Drive IDE <---- cd drive is broke.. tried to replace it but dont work maybe it's the circuit to the mother board.. can i just change the motherboard?? or how much it cost to replace the mother board

Well, I don't see any upgrades being useful at all. Besides, it's so old that any upgrades would make little difference and would not be worth their cost.

If you are thinking of changing the motherboard, you might aswell build a new computer.

When you changed the CD drive did you make sure all the cables were set up correctly including the power cable?

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Sorry mate, but are you asking if there's any upgrading potential, or how much you should sell it for?

If you're thinking of upgrading, I'd have to agree with Enzo Matrix. There's nothing really in that machine that is worth transplanting into a new build, nor will it make any difference if you plan to replace one or two things in this current build. Something in there will bottleneck any upgrade potential. Basically, even an entry level new build will still give you better performance than what you have now. That said, if you don't do any gaming, or media intensive things, then perhaps this PC will keep you going for a while longer and you can keep saving your cash for something great!

As for its resale value - well, people will buy anything these days. Use kijiji (or something like that) and post it but don't over-price it, and also mention that you're willing to sell parts. This machine has depreciated in value so don't expect much; but something is better than nothing. Good luck!

yunggeh

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

yeah i tried to change the cd and the wires were inright places. ok and if the computer isn't worth upgrading then i'll just give it to my friend as is