tomer fishbein

Reputable
Apr 28, 2017
Hello, so as I said I have an i5-7600k cpu.. i also have a rx480 GPU, I want to sell him and buy the RX5700 XT. that GPU is much stronger than my current rx 480, but with him being so powerful, how much will my CPU hold me back? The AMD Radeon software app already tells me in some games his performance is marginal, like doom eternal. Will I see a better performance spike if I'll get one of the latest ryzen CPU's? cuz i can either buy a GPU or a CPU and not both.. bottom line is what will give me more performance spike? A new GPU or a new CPU? Just to be clear I have a 1080p monitor, maybe I should just get the RX 5600 XT as it more suitable for that rez?Also, do you think prices will drop in the next month due to coronavirus so I'm better of waiting or will they go up in price?
thanks to anyone who replies

Solution
the 7600K takes some hits on minimum FPS delivered in comparison with the 4c/8t and 6c/6t and above CPUs, but, many are still happy with them...; the stronger GPU would likely would allow you to play 1440P/ max details at similar minimum frame rates as before...and quite possibly even higher average FPS.
Hello, so as I said I have an i5-7600k cpu.. i also have a rx480 GPU, I want to sell him and buy the RX5700 XT. that GPU is much stronger than my current rx 480, but with him being so powerful, how much will my CPU hold me back? The AMD Radeon software app already tells me in some games his performance is marginal, like doom eternal. Will I see a better performance spike if I'll get one of the latest ryzen CPU's? cuz i can either buy a GPU or a CPU and not both.. bottom line is what will give me more performance spike? A new GPU or a new CPU? Just to be clear I have a 1080p monitor, maybe I should just get the RX 5600 XT as it more suitable for that rez?Also, do you think prices will drop in the next month due to coronavirus so I'm better of waiting or will they go up in price?
thanks to anyone who replies
Up to 1008p CPU is more important.

the 7600K takes some hits on minimum FPS delivered in comparison with the 4c/8t and 6c/6t and above CPUs, but, many are still happy with them...; the stronger GPU would likely would allow you to play 1440P/ max details at similar minimum frame rates as before...and quite possibly even higher average FPS.

Solution

tomer fishbein

Reputable
Apr 28, 2017
what would you recommend buying then? a CPU or a GPU? this is my current rig:
RX 480 8gb
i5-7600k
32 GB ram ddr4 3200hz
motherboard: z270 gaming k3
also, can you tell me if this motherboard supports my rx480? "p6x58d"
and how can you tell if it does?

TRENDING THREADS