Question How should i do my fan placement?

Aug 3, 2024
I want my PC to have positiv pressure but i cant figure out where I should place my fans.
My case is a Corsair 7000X.

I have 3 x 140mm fans which are intake fans at the front, one DeepCool LT720 AIO with 3 x 120mm fans at the top which are exhaust fans, and then there's 1 x 140mm fan at the back which is also an exhaust fan.

How should I arrange the fans?

If needed I could buy more fans but would rather not.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You don't need to arrange them at all, to get positive pressure. All you need to do, is increase the RPM of intake fans and/or lower the RPM of exhaust fans. This way, you'd have more intake than exhaust and in turn - positive pressure.

Reactions: geofelt

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
First, what you have already is likely VERY close to balance for a slight internal positive pressure. The three AIO Rad Fans on the top as exhaust are 120 mm so lower airflow max than the 140's on the front. Further, their airflow is reduced by the resistance of the rad fins. So those versus the front intakes surely mean more intake than exhaust. Now add the single rear exhaust and you may still have slight positive pressure, maybe slightly negative.

BEFORE you go making adjustments, the big item I see is your statement that ALL fans are running at full speed constantly. That is NOT normal, so let's figure that out before anything else. Tell us exactly what the three front and one rear fans are - maker and models, please. Then tell us where on the mobo those are plugged in. Also tell us the maker and model of mobo. THEN tell us details of what mobo headers you have used to connect the the AIO pump and its fans. And last detail: I see in the AIO web page that it includes items they call LSP that reduce fan speed. I advise you do NOT use those, but tell us what you have done.

With all that info we can advise exactly how to set your fan headers for best performance. Then I can recommend a process to determine for sure whether or not your fan air balance is slightly positive, and how to adjust to ensure that.