Question How should I transport my pc. Help fast as possible

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 9, 2019
So I’m going to my friends house and He lives an hour away and I’m going to be staying there for a couple weeks and when I am going there I want a way to take my PC so can I take my PC in the box of the case because I built my PC so can I transport it in the PC case box and thing is I will be at a indoor water park for 2 days then I’m going to his house so is it ok for me to leave a PC in a hot car tbh I don’t think so , so I will go with a professionals word

remove gpu (if anything but integrated) and heatsink if its a big tower. Ram too (ram can come loose and literally tear up the insides of a pc...there are videos showing it from popular pc ppl. and a can actually damage the PCB of motherboard.

heat is fine as logn as no moisture in it.

and stealing..is unavoidable if soemone wants it.

May 9, 2019
I used to go to a lan party every month with mine as well no problems. Every now and again a cable might come loose or something but that's the worse that ever happened.
As long as you secure it so it doesn't move around it'll be fine.
What if I put in the box Thapa case of my PC came in so it won’t move and I will put things around it to secure it in place

May 9, 2019
I used to go to a lan party every month with mine as well no problems. Every now and again a cable might come loose or something but that's the worse that ever happened.
Bc it has tempered glass so leaving it alone can be catastrophic

May 9, 2019
Can I take it in the box my nzxt case came in bc outing it alone is a risk

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, you can put it in the box. I thought we covered that.

Tempered glass is pretty robust as long as you don't hit it with something with a small surface area or exceed it mechanical stress.

Me, I would probably leave the glass at home and fashion a new panel out of acrylic for traveling just so I don't have to lug it around. Glass is heavy.

May 9, 2019
Yes, you can put it in the box. I thought we covered that.

Tempered glass is pretty robust as long as you don't hit it with something with a small surface area or exceed it mechanical stress.

Me, I would probably leave the glass at home and fashion a new panel out of acrylic for traveling just so I don't have to lug it around. Glass is heavy.
Yes I would leave the glass at home but I don’t have another cover and dust can easily get it

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes I would leave the glass at home but I don’t have another cover and dust can easily get it

Got some cardboard and tape? You can make a simple dust cover in about five minutes. Or anything stiffer like foam board would look a little better.

You shouldn't worry about dust too much, you'll be wanting to keep a regular cleaning schedule anyway. A nice dusting every 6 months if you heavily use it. Less often if you don't.