Question How the speed affected in MU-MIMO if it does not have sufficient antenna? [Theoretically]

Aug 19, 2020
To my understanding, the difference between SU-MIMO and MU-MIMO is that MU-MIMO technology can share idle bandwidth to other devices while the router is connecting to one device, for example, if you have a router which is 2T2R (80Mhz), it allows two devices [1T1R (80Mhz)] communicating simultaneously without delay and losing speed, but for SU-MIMO, it will have some delay, is that all right?

If yes, my question is what if the two devices are 2T2R (80Mhz), then the router will not have sufficient bandwidth to communicate with them at the same time, what strategy does the router do, is it change to SU-MIMO that has a delay or sharing bandwidth of both devices.

Besides, what if the router is 2T2R (160Mhz), is that any different to the above situation? Thank you.

Last edited:

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
my question is what if the two devices are 2T2R (80Mhz), then the router will not have sufficient bandwidth to communicate with them at the same time

They time share the data transmission and receipt (Tx and Rx).