How to block all program from accessing internet except one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubham16feb

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I want to block all program from accessing internet except one.

I can do it using Windows Firewall but some programs doesn't get blocked! :D

And the list is too big to block them one by one (some programs doesn't get unchecked to block them).

I play online game (Counter Strike:CZ) that lags after some intervals (that lag is my actual problem) so i want to stop every app to access internet except my game.

Solution
Blocking it in the firewall within your router is far more effective.

Connect your router to the computer with the cable that came with the router then go Start then Run in XP - Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7 - then type in the following, including all the spaces:-

cmd /k ipconfig /all

then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the Default Gateway icon - something like 192.168.0.1.

Type exit to close the black form. Open Internet Explorer and enter that code into the URL address bar as though it was a website. You're then at the login page to the router's settings utility and admin will usually be the login with either admin or password as the password.

If you're...
Blocking it in the firewall within your router is far more effective.

Connect your router to the computer with the cable that came with the router then go Start then Run in XP - Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7 - then type in the following, including all the spaces:-

cmd /k ipconfig /all

then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the Default Gateway icon - something like 192.168.0.1.

Type exit to close the black form. Open Internet Explorer and enter that code into the URL address bar as though it was a website. You're then at the login page to the router's settings utility and admin will usually be the login with either admin or password as the password.

If you're in, seek out the firewall and make your required change.

Solution

Gears23

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

how?

On Tuesday, the last post before yours will have been here for five years. If the advice given here isn't enough for you, please start a thread of your own and give us a little more than one word.

I'm closing this thread now but it can still be read.

Status
Not open for further replies.