[SOLVED] How to change order of USB sound Devices and order of Network devices labels?

myaccount1234

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
I uninstalled and reinstalled my Creative Sound Blaster X7 drivers today. The problem is now the device is called (2- Sound Blaster X7) It was called (Sound Blaster X7). I think some how Windows 10 thinks it is a new device and labels it as device two. I want it to be just device one again. I notice this is the problem with my network adapter too. It is called Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection #2 and want it renamed Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection #1.

Last edited:
Solution
Heya,

For nonexisting device troubles (it is just the aesthetics right?) you would want to go to device manager and clean out all devices that you do not like to see there (including the newly installed with the name you do not like)...
Do this:
  1. Click Windows+R, type "devmgmt.msc" and hit Enter
  2. Click "View"-> Show Hidden Devices
  3. Find all network adapters that are greyed out and the one that has the name you do not like, right-click and select Uninstall, confirm any prompts and reboot
  4. Click "Action" -> scan for hardware changes, at this point Windows will reinstall all devices that still present and will not use increment numbers due to existing unplugged devices taking the name.
For network connections specifically...
Heya,

For nonexisting device troubles (it is just the aesthetics right?) you would want to go to device manager and clean out all devices that you do not like to see there (including the newly installed with the name you do not like)...
Do this:
  3. Find all network adapters that are greyed out and the one that has the name you do not like, right-click and select Uninstall, confirm any prompts and reboot
  4. Click "Action" -> scan for hardware changes, at this point Windows will reinstall all devices that still present and will not use increment numbers due to existing unplugged devices taking the name.
For network connections specifically, I prefer to give the correct names that correspond to their functionality by just renaming the network adapter as you would any other thing with ms.
0IyBdnU.png

P.S
Found a great tool for that too... grab it here!

Last edited:
Solution

myaccount1234

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
Heya,

Do this:
For network connections specifically, I prefer to give the correct names that correspond to their functionality by just renaming the network adapter as you would any other thing with ms.
0IyBdnU.png

P.S
Found a great tool for that too... grab it here!
The tool you shared is actually very cool.