[SOLVED] How to change the speed fans or cooler from the AIO CPU cooler?

Apr 18, 2021
I have installed my lian li Galahad 360 onto my Rog strix B550 Gaming-a. Now there were two connections: Connect to AIO_Pump which I did on the motherboard and the other is either connect them to Sata of the power supply or Motherboard. This is what the connection looks like: View: https://imgur.com/gallery/5m1DFTk
For the basics three RGB fans that is attached on the AIO, It says to connect it to the 4 pins PWN. But I'm wondering if i can connect it to 1 for CPU_FAN and 1 for CPU_OPT? And the last fan for 4 pins PWN.

Because i noticed that when i play a certain game, my restarted my pc.

I also wanted to mentioned when I first installed the AIO cooler. The pc mentioned no cpu cooler was installed, so i went to bios mode and overwrote it.
If anyone can help. That would be much appreciated because I have no clue on how to change my AIO fan speed or the cooler itself.

Solution
We're talking here about power and speed control for the PUMP rad the rad fan MOTORS only - not about the lights. What the instructions provided tell you is this.

1. The cable from the PUMP MOTOR ideally should go to the mobo AIO_PUMP header which you have - see your mobo manual, p. 1-9, item D. This does two things - provides a constant +12 VDC power supply to keep the pump at full speed always, and monitors that pump speed signal for FAILURE. IF it gets no pump speed signal at that header it will warn you of that failure, and that is what you saw and defeated. IF your mobo does NOT have that header, the alternative connection possible with a cable supplied allows you to power the pump motor directly from the PSU via a SATA power...
For the basics three RGB fans that is attached on the AIO, It says to connect it to the 4 pins PWN. But I'm wondering if i can connect it to 1 for CPU_FAN and 1 for CPU_OPT? And the last fan for 4 pins PWN.

I have no clue on how to change my AIO fan speed...
the cooler should have a bypass for the fans.
3 fans connected to the cooler, then a single 4-pin PWM cable going from the cooler to the CPU_FAN header.

then you can set a manual fan speed curve either in your BIOS or in your motherboard control software for the CPU_FAN header that will control all 3 fans.
The pc mentioned no cpu cooler was installed
this would be because the CPU_FAN header detected no fan(s) attached.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
We're talking here about power and speed control for the PUMP rad the rad fan MOTORS only - not about the lights. What the instructions provided tell you is this.

1. The cable from the PUMP MOTOR ideally should go to the mobo AIO_PUMP header which you have - see your mobo manual, p. 1-9, item D. This does two things - provides a constant +12 VDC power supply to keep the pump at full speed always, and monitors that pump speed signal for FAILURE. IF it gets no pump speed signal at that header it will warn you of that failure, and that is what you saw and defeated. IF your mobo does NOT have that header, the alternative connection possible with a cable supplied allows you to power the pump motor directly from the PSU via a SATA power connector, BUT that eliminates the ability to monitor it for failure. That appears to be what you did. Change it. Plug the Pump motor into the AIO_PUMP header and re-enable the failure detection.

2. For the RAD FAN MOTORS the system provides a Splitter to allow you to connect all three of them to the CPU_FAN header. This puts ALL of them under automatic control of their speeds, guided by the temperature sensor built into the CPU chip. The system is designed to operate this way, and there should be no problem powering those three fans from that header. However, do NOT connect any other items to the CPU_FAN header. Since you have a CPU_OPT header also that does exactly the same thing as CPU_FAN, you CAN connect one of those rad fans to that header, leaving only two fans on the CPU_FAN header via the Splitter.

Cables and connections for the LIGHTS in the Pump and rad Fans are done completely separately using different cables from each. You can power them from a mobo 3-pin ARGB header (see mobo manual p. 1-15) OR from a manual button box supplied with the system.

Solution