[SOLVED] How to check for a graphic card that is connected to the PCIE but not to the monitor?

Sound_123

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
My monitor only has a VGA port, and my graphic card only has DVI ports. I haven't bought an adapter yet, but I want to check if my motherboard is compatible with my graphic card.

I ran Speccy, and my motherboard was just named "Lenovo". So I couldn't check if it was compatible. When I plugged the graphic card to my PCIE slot, the fan ran, so I'm not sure if that means it's compatible or not.

Solution
They have PCIE slot, so they will compatible.

What? no, the gpu fan ran, but I don't have it connected to the monitor, I have my motherboard VGA port connected. I just want to check if the graphic card appears somewhere in windows
You can't do that. If the GPU is detected, they will automatically set the GPU as display adapter. They will not display anything when you connect the display cable to your VGA port on the Mboard.
They have PCIE slot, so they will compatible.

What? no, the gpu fan ran, but I don't have it connected to the monitor, I have my motherboard VGA port connected. I just want to check if the graphic card appears somewhere in windows
You can't do that. If the GPU is detected, they will automatically set the GPU as display adapter. They will not display anything when you connect the display cable to your VGA port on the Mboard.

Solution