Question How to check motherboard's SATA ports are in AHCI mode?

vikaskumar2299

Commendable
Mar 31, 2022
I am having 100% disk usage (whenever I install or move or backup a game on Steam OR whenever I install any software) and during that time, I can't properly do other tasks or open apps, they tend to become "Not responding".

When I am not doing these backups or move or install any software, the SSD works fine. Even while gaming no issues.

So I read this thread and a user says:

Have you confirmed your motherboard's SATA ports are in AHCI mode?
So I am wondering how to check if ports in AHCI mode and if not, how to enable it?

My PC Specs: 12400F, B660M-A Pro WiFi, Crucial BX500 SSD, 3050 6GB GPU.

Lutfij

Titan
Your storage controller in BIOS should say RAID or AHCI. Since you own a Crucial SSD, you should be able to take advantage of Crucial's Storage Executive.

I am having 100% disk usage
+
Crucial BX500 SSD
That is your problem actually, what capacity is the drive? What OS are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard?

vikaskumar2299

Commendable
Mar 31, 2022
Your storage controller in BIOS should say RAID or AHCI. Since you own a Crucial SSD, you should be able to take advantage of Crucial's Storage Executive.

I am having 100% disk usage
+
Crucial BX500 SSD
That is your problem actually, what capacity is the drive? What OS are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard?
Hi. The BIOS version says 1.90. The SSD is 500GB (465GB usable) but it's 50% empty right now. Windows 10.

Also do you mean crucial SSD is a problem?