How to check the BCRYPT, SCRYPT, and Argon 2 values of an .iso file?

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Hello. Can someone tell me how to check the BCRYPT, SCRYPT, and Argon 2 values of an .iso file? In my case, I want to check the values of the .iso files of some Windows disc images. Do Windows disc image files support those values?

To check the integrity and authenticity of the file, I usually use the "Get-FileHash + file's path" command in PowerShell. The problem is that I heard the SHA256 algorithm is no longer considered secure, and BCRYPT, SCRYPT, and Argon2 are now the standards. This is why I want to check those values, and not SHA256. When I use the Get-FileHash command, I can only see the SHA256 value, and not the other 3 values.

In a nutshell, I want to check if the .iso files are original or corrupted/altered.

Also, it would be good if someone shows me the BCRYPT, SCRYPT, and Argon2 values of the Windows 7 64bit (English) disc image, so I can compare them to the values I get.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
usually you find the values on the official site so you can compare. that's the only trustworthy source. if you get it from MS directly, then you know it is legit and have no worries.

so just get a fresh copy from MS and move on with the day :) any other source is pretty much guarenteed to be full of all kinds of nastiness. this tool still let's you get a legit copy straight from MS servers.

https://archive.org/details/windows-iso-downloader

select the win 7 2018 option and it'll get you a good copy from the source

Reactions: TheFlash1300
Also, it would be good if someone shows me the BCRYPT, SCRYPT, and Argon2 values of the Windows 7 64bit (English) disc image, so I can compare them to the values I get.
There are couple of ISO disks made for each Windows version / language, so the only definitive source is to re-download them and compare with published values. And as for today, the only place I'd believe is MSDN.

Reactions: TheFlash1300