[SOLVED] How to clean blower style gpu?

Aug 9, 2019
Hello,
I have ASUS RTX 2080 Turbo, and I want to clean it (without taking the cover). Any tips? What should I be careful about? How to clean the motor? Any way to clean inside the card without taking off the cover?

Solution
Just blow some compressed air in from a can of air and blow it out. Just be careful not to blow too long at a time (to avoid condensation build up). I recommend short bursts of a few seconds at a time. If the can starts to feel really cold then take a break and allow it to heat up again. Just make sure that you start the blow out from the PCI bracket grill side and not from the fan side. Because you want to push as much dirt as possible out of the shroud. Once you see the dust subside then you start blowing a little on the radial fan.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Just blow some compressed air in from a can of air and blow it out. Just be careful not to blow too long at a time (to avoid condensation build up). I recommend short bursts of a few seconds at a time. If the can starts to feel really cold then take a break and allow it to heat up again. Just make sure that you start the blow out from the PCI bracket grill side and not from the fan side. Because you want to push as much dirt as possible out of the shroud. Once you see the dust subside then you start blowing a little on the radial fan.

Reactions: Xerionus
Solution

TRENDING THREADS