Question How to clone specific programs from old HDD to new SSD

Feb 25, 2020
I have a 7 year old 1TB HDD that is probably on its way out. (Running slow) I have a new 500gb SSD arriving today.

I already recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on the old HDD.

Apparently there is free software by EaseUS that should allow me to clone across windows 10.

But it costs money to clone more than 2 programs.

I’ve done a lot of searching and can hardly find many programs that allow you to clone specific programs only.

Isn’t there a simple way to just copy and paste from the program files folder location. And maybe specific registry edits? What else am I missing?

Or does anyone know of free software that lets you clone specific programs only, and NOT an entire clone of the drive?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm sure there is a way, but its probably quite involved. The issue is that programs aren't just installed in one spot or folder but are installed spread out through various paths.

It would be easier to simply reinstall the programs once you get the new SSD otherwise you will need to remove enough programs and data off the HDD in order to get it below the 500 SSD capacity (I would leave 10-20% of the SSD total ccpacity free for performance) in order to clone it over.

Reactions: oni3350

TRENDING THREADS