[SOLVED] How to configure a Tp-Link Access Point?

Aug 8, 2019
Hi,
I just ordered a tp-link access point: Omada EAP-110. I read in it's documentation how to configure it, but I'm stucked in the first step.
First of all it is powered from a PoE adapter, I could connect to it's wifi network and on the back and also the docs writes that I have to access http://tplinkeap.net to login and configure. When I open this link in a browser, it says that the site can't open.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Solution
Did it not come with a PoE power injector. Most these units that are passive only work with the power injectors from the vendor and most are included.

It should look like a 2 port switch one port goes to the AP and the other goes to your computer.
Aug 8, 2019
Wait until you get the device to worry about the steps. I would use the "Login via wired" section of the user's guide -- Section 1.3.2.
Sorry, I wanted to express that it's a new device, I already received yesterday. If I wire directly to the computer it's not powered because it needs poe type signal

Did it not come with a PoE power injector. Most these units that are passive only work with the power injectors from the vendor and most are included.

It should look like a 2 port switch one port goes to the AP and the other goes to your computer.

Reactions: atiyka
Solution