Question how to disable keyboard and usb port check on boot

Mar 3, 2021
Hello, I am trying to solve this problem. I have a new pc, one month old and everything’s ok but there’s some little things that I think are not set in a right way. At the beginning I got an error of keyboard and a drive missing. I reinstalled BIOS version because it was beta and put a last version NON-beta. After that few days a message wasn’t showing on a boot but after some time it shows again. Btw I have a bluetooth dongle and connected speakers and keyboard to it. Also sometimes pc restarts by itself. Connected bluetooth speakers are not working ok too. It’s only hands free sound played but stereo is not. I must uninstall drivers so I can hear stereo, but again when I restart/shut down same problem happens. Just want to know how to disable this function of checking keyboard etc. on boot. I have asus tuf b550 plus and there’s no chance to find out that option. Is it possible to this happen because fastboot is enabled? :/

Mar 3, 2021
It is ryzen 7 3800xt 8-core, motherboard Asus Tuf gaming B550plus, graphic card AMD radeon rx 5700 xt, seagate barracuda m.2 NVMe SSD 1TB, seagate barracuda HDD 2TB, 32 GB corsair vengeance lpx ddr4

Colif

Win 11 Master
I reinstalled BIOS version because it was beta and put a last version NON-beta.
so was this version 1602? As version 1804 is out now and its not a beta. For some reason 1602 is still a beta. You could update to 1804.

After that few days a message wasn’t showing on a boot but after some time it shows again.
do you mean the bios flash screen?

Btw I have a bluetooth dongle and connected speakers and keyboard to it. Also sometimes pc restarts by itself. Connected bluetooth speakers are not working ok too. It’s only hands free sound played but stereo is not. I must uninstall drivers so I can hear stereo, but again when I restart/shut down same problem happens.

Which drivers do you have to reinstall each time?

wow i just noticed you did put motherboard in there, sorry,, i didn't see it in the body of post, sorry about that.

Just want to know how to disable this function of checking keyboard etc. on boot. I
why do you want to disable this? how does it play into the speakers thing?

not sure about fast boot, its not that it skips checks at start up, it just does it all at the same time. It initializes all the hardware at once to speed up boot, legacy used to do them one at a time.
Do the mouse/kb work in bios?

Mar 3, 2021
so was this version 1602? As version 1804 is out now and its not a beta. For some reason 1602 is still a beta. You could update to 1804.

do you mean the bios flash screen?

Which drivers do you have to reinstall each time?

wow i just noticed you did put motherboard in there, sorry,, i didn't see it in the body of post, sorry about that.

why do you want to disable this? how does it play into the speakers thing?

not sure about fast boot, its not that it skips checks at start up, it just does it all at the same time. It initializes all the hardware at once to speed up boot, legacy used to do them one at a time.
Do the mouse/kb work in bios?
Yes, a BIOS version is 1602. In bios everything is set by default. I didn't change anything. I want to disable it because it is bothering me, takes some time and I don't have a feeling that I have a fast pc :D Also bluetooth speakers and soundbar just plays handsfree AG audio, it is enable to click stereo but it won't play till I uninstall handsfree AG audio in device manager, and then it plays poor sound with interuptions etc. After restart or shut down it is happening again, uninstalled device is in device manager again. Btw if I do bios update do I need to restore system and delete everything or what?

Mar 3, 2021
Is it possible to disable check keyboard on boot, to not show american megatrends with warning: No keyboard detected? I'm using bluetooth keyboard and I have last update of BIOS version for TUF Gaming B550 plus. I was trying to find an option in BIOS settings but I can't find anything that comes with keyboard :/

Lutfij

Titan
What BT adapter are you working with? Make and model of your BT keyboard? See if you can source a USB driven keyboard and once you're able to boot to GUI with said wired keyboard, power down and then disconnect from the wall, disconnect the wired keyboard and try to boot up the desktop with only the BT keyboard tethered to the system.

Speaking of system, can you state which BIOS version you're on at the time of writing?

Mar 3, 2021
What BT adapter are you working with? Make and model of your BT keyboard? See if you can source a USB driven keyboard and once you're able to boot to GUI with said wired keyboard, power down and then disconnect from the wall, disconnect the wired keyboard and try to boot up the desktop with only the BT keyboard tethered to the system.

Speaking of system, can you state which BIOS version you're on at the time of writing?
I'm using Logilink bluetooth adapter BT0015 , keyboard Logitech K480. I borrowed a usb-wired keyboard to access to bios and returned it back. Is it ok to do that process with power down etc. without usb driven keyboard? I'm on the 1804 BIOS version.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm, so you've tried working with the USB driven keyboard and you still didn't couldn't resolve the issue? Perhaps try connecting the BT dongle to every USB port on your platform and see if the issue is resolved(without the wired keyboard ofc). On a side note, are you using Logitech Options? I'm considering blaming the dongle at this point since that is what's pairing the keyboard to the platform.

Mar 3, 2021
Hmmm, so you've tried working with the USB driven keyboard and you still didn't couldn't resolve the issue? Perhaps try connecting the BT dongle to every USB port on your platform and see if the issue is resolved(without the wired keyboard ofc). On a side note, are you using Logitech Options? I'm considering blaming the dongle at this point since that is what's pairing the keyboard to the platform.
Yes, I’m using Logitech software. Usb wired keyboard is recognized and I don’t get any black screen - American Megatrends, but when I disconnect it and leave just bt it appears again. What would change if I disconnect from wall etc. what you’ve been saying? Btw everything else connected to this dongle work fine (speakers, headset etc.), keyboard works too but I’m bothered about this message that appears on boot. There must be a way to disable it or somehow in BIOS. But there is no such an option as keyboard or something like that. :(