How to enable SSD M.2 on ASUS ROG Z390-F GAMING?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2019
Hello everyone, im here because since yesterday night im trying so badly to install windows 10 on my Samsung 512GB NvMe SSD M.2.
i can't really reach a point where i see this disk both on BIOS or windows installation, i tried to follow most threads around but didn't worked out well.

Can someone please help me? Im becoming really crazy, and by the way,this technology is so strange, can't they just create something more simple to put on instead of struggle peoples with BIOS setting?

Mar 19, 2019
Is your hdd or ssd or whatever it is correctly installed? Have you tried unplugging it and replugging it?

May 14, 2019
Is your hdd or ssd or whatever it is correctly installed? Have you tried unplugging it and replugging it?
yes it is, i've tried since yesterday, i have 2 M.2 Slots, top one and bottom one,I don't really know to go forward in this, i've tried everything, except BIOS settings, i don't know the trick to recognize an SSD M.2

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
You legit just gave him an SSD article instead of Nvme? plus if its enabled in your bios and it is still not showing or not beging detected in the bios after enabling it then your drive might be faulty or dead.

May 14, 2019
You legit just gave him an SSD article instead of Nvme? plus if its enabled in your bios and it is still not showing or not beging detected in the bios after enabling it then your drive might be faulty or dead.
yes.. not even on forums i receive useful informations.. anyway, faulty or dead? how can i check that?

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Well as i mentioned, if it is not begin detected by your own motherboard in bios, and you made sure that it is enabled in bios then your m.2 drive is dead or the slot on your motherboard is dead, if you have another motherboard or a friend that has a motherboard that has m.2 test it there and see if it works if not then its dead.

i can't really reach a point where i see this disk both on BIOS or windows installation
What model Samsung M.2 ? Are you sure it's nvme? Because, if it's sata, then only one M.2 slot on your board would support it (upper slot).

You have to go into BIOS and make sure:
sata controller is set to AHCI mode (not Intel RST for Optane caching) - Advanced/PCH Storage config,​
M.2_1 configuration is set to appropriate mode - Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration,​

You can check NVME configuration at Advanced\NVME configuration.

It would be great, if you could show screenshots of those settings.

May 14, 2019
Well as i mentioned, if it is not begin detected by your own motherboard in bios, and you made sure that it is enabled in bios then your m.2 drive is dead or the slot on your motherboard is dead, if you have another motherboard or a friend that has a motherboard that has m.2 test it there and see if it works if not then its dead.
Im lucky that i still have my only SSD normal one on my desk, i will install windows there if i can't in anyway.

May 14, 2019
What model Samsung M.2 ? Are you sure it's nvme? Because, if it's sata, then only one M.2 slot on your board would support it (upper slot).

You have to go into BIOS and make sure:
sata controller is set to AHCI mode (not Intel RST for Optane caching) - Advanced/PCH Storage config,​
M.2_1 configuration is set to appropriate mode - Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration,​

You can check NVME configuration at Advanced\NVME configuration.

It would be great, if you could show screenshots of those settings.
This is the one > https://www.samsung.com/it/memory-storage/970-pro-nvme-m-2-ssd/MZ-V7P512BW/

Status
Not open for further replies.