Feb 4, 2024
Mobo: Gigabyte b450m aorus elite (2 m. 2
slots)
Ryzen 5 2600
WD blue 500gb HDD
Teamgroup 512 m.2 nvme ssd.
Teamgroup m. 2 SATA 227GB ssd
GTX 1650s

Hi, I'm a newbie in pc. I recently cloned my ssd to a bigger size. This is my first time opening my pc for upgrade and after cloning ( I've watch a 30+ mins tutorial) I didn't notice that my original ssd is a m.2 SATA 237GB ( 2 gaps at the end based on Google) and my new storage is m.2 nvme 500GB, both of them are teamgroup brand. After cloning, I formatted my original drive and switched slots. It works fine at first but after shutting down the pc, my pc just reboot and open again and I tried many yt tutorial but I became suspicious because they all talking the same which is uncheck the allow lan cable to wake pc up. and it shows "default system, Windows 10" and mine doesn't showed that it's empty.

After a while my pc rebooted and it say's pc needs to be repaired.
I went to bios and looked for possible problem. I stumbled upon the booting menu and prioritized my "windows booting drive:Teamgroup 500gb". After booting it still says PC needs to be repaired.

I stumbled upon lots of tutorial on YT but nothing works, there's this one video that said that I need to convert my m.2 nvme GPT to MBR because my mobo might not support GPT partition format. I'll try that as my last resort.
BTW my pc is also a prebuilt one and my last configuration on bios boot was on Legacy only and not on UEFI, idk if this will help as additional information.

I'm kinda stressing out coz our finals is this week and I can't review my notes in my pc.
Thanks in advanced, my pc knowledge is still lacking.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is the original drive with the OS intact? If so, try and clone it again. What app did you use to preform your drive clone?

Instead of going through all these loops, I'd advise on reinstalling your OS after recreating your bootable USB installer for your OS.

BTW my pc is also a prebuilt one and my last configuration on bios boot was on Legacy only and not on UEFI, idk if this will help as additional information.
Set the BIOS to UEFI and then reinstall the OS. Shouldn't take you more than 15mins.

Feb 4, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is the original drive with the OS intact? If so, try and clone it again. What app did you use to preform your drive clone?

Instead of going through all these loops, I'd advise on reinstalling your OS after recreating your bootable USB installer for your OS.

Set the BIOS to UEFI and then reinstall the OS. Shouldn't take you more than 15mins.
I used Macrium Effect, the trial version one.
I think the original OS is intact with my m.2 nvme. It's just my bios don't read my m.2 nvme as its boot drive.
Ill try to make a Bootable usb installer. Thanks you!

After cloning, I formatted my original drive and switched slots. It works fine at first but after shutting down the pc, my pc just reboot and open again
Please explain this part better, as much detail as you can.
What do you mean by formatted my original drive?
Why did you switch slots? As far as I know macrium will make it so that the clone will boot from where it was during cloning.
What is the PC doing now? Is it rebooting all the time?
Up to which part of the boot does it go until it restarts?
If you can upload a video of this rebooting it might show a clue to why it reboots.
It would also help if you can go into bios and disable fast boot and disable full screen logo so that it shows as much info as possible.

Feb 4, 2024
Please explain this part better, as much detail as you can.
What do you mean by formatted my original drive?
Why did you switch slots? As far as I know macrium will make it so that the clone will boot from where it was during cloning.
What is the PC doing now? Is it rebooting all the time?
Up to which part of the boot does it go until it restarts?
If you can upload a video of this rebooting it might show a clue to why it reboots.
It would also help if you can go into bios and disable fast boot and disable full screen logo so that it shows as much info as possible.
My Motherboard have 2 m.2 slots.
Originally, my slot 1 contains 237GB m.2 SATA that has my OS. And slot 2 contain new 500gb m.2 nvme ssd.
After cloning using Macrium Effect, The 500gb in the slot 2 contains everything from my 237gb because I cloned it.

After cloning I switch the ssd's in motherboard, slot 1 now contains 500gb m.2 nvme ssd and slot 2 now contains the 237gb m.2 sata.

Then, I formatted my 237gb to make it just my additional storage device using CMD.
diskpart> sel disk #> clean

I thought everything is okay because my system is working fine. But when I tried to shut down my pc, it didn't shut down instead, it reboots like 0.001 seconds and now I'm back to the windows (my desktop). I checked startup and recovery ( based on what I watched on YouTube, their startup and recovery have this and mine is only blank, it does not say Windows 10 (I am on windows 10)

Until I went to bios and did nothing and it turn off on its own. When I opened my pc, The blue screen with "Your pc needs to be repaired" comes and the only thing I can do I go to bios.

This boot manager When I'm in the bios, my boot option #1 is the "Windows boot manager (Teamgroup 512gb)"
When I saved and exit the bios,the same blue screen appears says "Error Code 0xc00000e"
This

The fastboot is off (never turned it on).
I'll try to switch back from original slots like the one you said that Macrium clone will boot from where it was during cloning.

Last edited:
When I saved and exit the bios,the same blue screen appears says "Error Code 0xc00000e"
This

The fastboot is off (never turned it on).
I'll try to switch back from original slots like the one you said that Macrium clone will boot from where it was during cloning.
Yeah, could be because of the port swap since the error is about the disk not being found.
https://www.easeus.com/resource/error-code-0xc00000e.html
As the onscreen error message shows, 0xc000000e BSOD issue indicates hardware, an SSD or HDD, is not detected when Windows 10 boots. Also, a corrupted system file or BCD (Boot Configuration Data) missing or misconfigured can also stop Windows from booting properly.

Feb 4, 2024
Did you make Macrium Reflect Rescue USB ? It has option to fix BOOT problems when you BOOT from it.
I fixed the issue. I just reinstall new os but my problem now is that my Pc reads only 3 cores (originally 6 cores 12threads) on my Ryzen 5 2600. I downloaded ryzen master and saw that 3 cores are disabled, how to open. Thankssss